“Original, good beer and brew pub menu!”

Dogfish Head Alehouse
Ranked #2 of 346 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Beer. Original, good beer. That's enough said for most people who end up here intentionally. You will have more than what you can enjoy. Add a creative menu of brew pub food, cooked with care and delivered with friendly, attentive service and it's a winning combination. I've been coming here for over five years and there's very little turnover with bartenders and waitresses, and so this is a nice place where everyone knows your name, eventually. A great local hangout. Take your date unless she doesn't like dimly lit brew pubs and a generally busy place.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stopped here to meet up with an old friend. Friendly staff, insane selection of beers, and above average pub type food. Sort of in the middle of nowhere from I could tell, but it suited our friendly reunion perfectly!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

There feels like a layer of grease on the tables and on the floors. I actually slipped on the floor. The carpet on the stairs is old and dirty. The food is OK and they have a good selection of beer but I really dislike eating in a place that is in need of a cleaning.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place is usually packed on weekends at happy hour, so we try to avoid it most of the time. This past Friday, however, coming back late from work I noticed that it was unusually deserted and we decided to stop by for a dinner. By that time you could seat anywhere there was a menu on a table. Soon a waiter popped up to take our drink orders. Turned out that even some of the beers marked "in stock" on the menu were out, so that was a major bummer. :( The whole establishment seems to be short on good dark beers which I happened to be partial to, so this is by far is not my favorite beer joint. However, if you're into expensive 60, 90, 120 minutes IPAs this could be your spot.
However, what I really like this place is for nice decently priced food. I had a rack of baby back ribs for $20 with onion rings and fries. That was the most memorable part of the dinner.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The beer and food were both a bit on the pricey side. Our burgers (bacon/chedder) were great, though, and the beer was good. We did have a lot of fun and all-in-all it was a great night out. There were some unique menu items, and our friend in town who goes there often said you really couldn't go wrong no matter what you ordered...that everything is fantastic.

Our waiter was SUPER friendly and very helpful. He helped us narrow down our choices for both food and beer. Very knowledgeable. Would definitely go back.