“Really solid food friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dogfish Head Alehouse

Dogfish Head Alehouse
Ranked #2 of 326 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
“Really solid food friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here to meet up with an old friend. Friendly staff, insane selection of beers, and above average pub type food. Sort of in the middle of nowhere from I could tell, but it suited our friendly reunion perfectly!

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Washington DC
“Food is OK, Place needs Cleaning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

There feels like a layer of grease on the tables and on the floors. I actually slipped on the floor. The carpet on the stairs is old and dirty. The food is OK and they have a good selection of beer but I really dislike eating in a place that is in need of a cleaning.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Seven Corners, Virginia
“Very decently priced food, iffy beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place is usually packed on weekends at happy hour, so we try to avoid it most of the time. This past Friday, however, coming back late from work I noticed that it was unusually deserted and we decided to stop by for a dinner. By that time you could seat anywhere there was a menu on a table. Soon a waiter popped up to take our drink orders. Turned out that even some of the beers marked "in stock" on the menu were out, so that was a major bummer. :( The whole establishment seems to be short on good dark beers which I happened to be partial to, so this is by far is not my favorite beer joint. However, if you're into expensive 60, 90, 120 minutes IPAs this could be your spot.
However, what I really like this place is for nice decently priced food. I had a rack of baby back ribs for $20 with onion rings and fries. That was the most memorable part of the dinner.

Buffalo, New York
“Delicious food, friendly staff, good atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The beer and food were both a bit on the pricey side. Our burgers (bacon/chedder) were great, though, and the beer was good. We did have a lot of fun and all-in-all it was a great night out. There were some unique menu items, and our friend in town who goes there often said you really couldn't go wrong no matter what you ordered...that everything is fantastic.

Our waiter was SUPER friendly and very helpful. He helped us narrow down our choices for both food and beer. Very knowledgeable. Would definitely go back.

Scarsdale, New York
“I Do Like the Brew”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I do love the brews at Dogfish Head Ale House. My favorite is the 90 minute IPA.

I do like the r4estaurant part of this store far more than the restaurant at the Chantilly VA store. I wish my waistband could afford it or I would be here every afternoon after work when in the area.

The bad part is, it's noisy. Indeed, it's very noisy but that's the proce you pay when you go to a place with an active bar scene/