“excellent beer menu”

Dogfish Head Alehouse
Ranked #2 of 334 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent beer menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

We decided to try this for lunch on a Thursday. I don't really like eating at chains on trips, but we don't have one in Raleigh so gave it a try. The food was more expensive than we expected, but the real kicker was the cost of beer. I live in NC and there are a lot of craft beer houses there, but I've never been charged $9.50 for a single beer. I will say that the beer menu is excellent. There was a very large variety and the server was very knowledgeable. She also did an excellent job of checking on us without bugging us. The food was good, but not outstanding. I would come back, but probably wouldn't drink here unless I have a lot of money to spend.

• Visited June 2012

• Korean first
Washington DC
“Loud but fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Lunch or dinner this place always seems to draw a full house. Thankfully they have quite a few tables so the wait generally isn't too bad. Tables on the lower floor are in a busy traffic area. I always prefer to sit upstairs if I have the choice. Food is above average for an alehouse. Service is a little subpar. Good place to hang out with friends, bad place for a date.

Visited March 2012
New Jersey
“A must for beer lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Aside from the fact that this place has AMAZING beers on tap, the food was actually good. Expect this place to packed with an afterwork crowd by 6:30. But by around 8PM it begins to empty out. If possible try to get a table at the bar are where it stays lively. Also there is a great deal of outside seating.

Visited June 2012
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great local beer!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great variety of beers and lots of specials, Servers are freindly and food is yummy as well. I live locally and this place is a good hang out or to stop by for a happy hour.

Visited May 2012
South Bend, IN
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

First of all let me say I have always been and will continue to be a big fan of Dogfish Head beer and search it out when I shop for beer when I travel. And as a resident of Indiana, which DH is no longer distributed, this is my only way to scratch my itch. So let me say what a disappointment it was to get very shabby service when I finally got to visit DH during a trip to visit a friend in Baltimore. The waiter messed up our beer order twice. Secondly he only took food orders from half the group of 4 before he got distracted. We had to call him back in order to finish ordering. Third the price on the menu for the 120 IPA was incorrect, according to the waiter. I was charged $15 when the menu price is $10. The food was good, but I would not say exceptional. And fourth they do not sell bottles here. Here in the Midwest we have some good craft breweries, such as 3 Floyds, Bells, and Founders, and they all have coolers with the specials and seasonal beers available for sale. Maybe we just caught them on a bad day, but I really really wanted to like this place.

• Visited June 2012