“Nouveau Pub Food + Great Beers and Ales”

Dogfish Head Alehouse
Ranked #2 of 339 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Whiting, New Jersey
“Nouveau Pub Food + Great Beers and Ales”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I came here during a recent business trip to Gaithersburg. My wife enjoys dark beers and salads and sea food, and I love pale ales, burgers, and sea food. The only reason I gave this review a Very Good vs an Excellent was because of the noise level in the place. It is a lively and noisy place. Great for groups but not great for quiet conversations.

They have a small exterior seating area as well which, if it had been less hot, would have been a great place to eat.

Overall, good prices, very good food, great beer. Great for groups or casual conversation; not so great for a quiet conversation or business lunches.

• Visited August 2011

• Korean first
Clarksburg, Maryland
“our weekly restaurant”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We don't have many places that we go on a weekly basis. The beer is our favorite and the food is always high quality as well.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“My favorite restaurant in Gaithersburg.”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

When did I visit? I can't think of a week that I haven't visited! Great beers, some are a little odd (they'll happily provide a sample if you're unsure) but they always have something I really like. Burton Baton ale is my current favorite. Best bets on the menu in my opinion are the Chicago steak salad and the Mahi Mahi fish tacos. Service is fast and professional. Very popular, especially Friday evenings.

• Visited December 2011
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Fantastic Burgers & beer!”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Loved the burgers! Friendly people, nice decor. They were able to accomdate our large party.

• Visited December 2011
Florida
“friendly and fun”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I did NOT like the line to get in! But it did tell me that it was something I should do and we were glad we did. Staff made the visit fun, the food was better than expected and the little taste thing they do with beers ( like 6 of them?) was so much fun and such a good value I bought it and I don't even drink beer. I recommend going on an off night so it is quieter and less of a wait.

Visited December 2010