“Great for business or family”

Courtyard Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed September 3, 2009

This is a great place to stay if you have a reason to stay outside of Washington DC. It has easy highway acess and is anchored next to a shopping center that offers a variety of resturants and a movie theater. So even if you brought your teenage kids along, they would have something to do. It overlooks a man-made lake with a nice boardwalk and walking path around it. The parking is free, but you have to park your car in a detached parking structure. The breakfast buffet, business center, and free internet acess were all up to typical Marriot standards. The lobby is unimpressive, but I was on a business trip. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 24, 2009

The first time I booked Marriott at Washingtonian Center, I didn't realize there was more than one. We ended up at a very nice hotel, but more expensive and away from the middle of things.

We like the this one because of the location; the staff is friendly; free wireless internet. I especially like the 2nd floor patio where I can sit in the morning and drink my coffee while watching the people. The concerts are right next to this one also, which is great.

We liked it so much the first time, we're staying again this month.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights. Rooms, hallways, lobby and restaurant were very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast menu and food was great. I didn't use the pool or the internet. Free parking was available in a shopping/hotel/theater garage across the street. Never had a problem finding a parking space. Location is the number 1 feature of this hotel. The hotel is not close to the Metro. It is within a very short walking distance of shopping, restaurants and a movie theater. Also overlooks a nice lake/pond, I found this hotel to be a great value. This was my first stay at a Marriott Hotel in years. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2009

The room was very nice. We had four in the room and when we asked for extra towels and coffee service, it was provided every day. Look on-line and take advantage of the Stay-for-breakfast promotion. You can't beat the location for shopping, dining, entertainment, sight-seeing, exercise. Something for all ages and an easy place to meet others. Morning walks around the lake or just sitting and overlooking it were a nice escape from the otherwise semi-urban setting. My only complaint -- and its minor -- is that the housekeeping missed some small spots, like a small coffee-spill or not dumping the water out of the ice-bucket. But these were exceptions, not the rule. We've been here before and will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Worse than the bed is the fact that when I laid down on the mattress cover and went to sleep, I was woken by a gross itchy feeling that would not go away until I laid down on top of the down cover. I hope it's just a reaction to detergent and not bed bugs. I'm a business traveler who has grossed over 350k marriott points in the past few years, so I usually love Courtyards. Not this one. It's location is excellent, but that's all it's got going for it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank maxsmom123
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Traveled to Washington DC for business and stayed at Courtyard for three nights. First one was fine, but during the second one there was a strong smell of cigarrette smoke in my room. I called at the reception and told them. They said someone would come upstairs, but 20 minutes later there was nobody coming. i called again and I asked for a room. I was told there is none available and that the only thing they could do was deodorize (!) my room. someone came and sprayed the carpet, but the smoke smell was still there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank YK1Minn
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Had a very clean room with a beautiful view of the river. The food in the hotel was good.

• Stayed: June 2009