“Italian in Festival”

Ranked #10 of 346 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Il Porto offers fresh and delicious Italian food at very reasonable prices along with impeccable service. You will not find a more friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We now offer OUTDOOR SEATING on our brand new patio. And, with our recent expansion to the property next door, we can now accommodate large groups!
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great food. Always packed. A real neighborhood italian restaurant.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

This was our first time at this restaurant. Overall it was good, but the clientele was weird. The tables are pretty close to each other, and the people near us were very LOUD!! We could barely carry on a conversation. I don't know what has happened to social skills, but it seems that people are more and more obnoxious. The customer behind us what coughing and coughing. The staff kept coming to his table to carry on a loud chit chat amidst the coughing. YUCK!
Well, that aside the place is nice. The food is fine. I am not in rush to return however. I might give it one more try, but we'll see.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

The food is reliably good at Il Porto. The bread is great. The house salad could use more inspiring greens, though. Too much iceberg lettuce. We really like the ambiance. White tablecloth, but relaxed and casual enough that you always feel welcome after a hard day at work or a last-minute-I-don't-feel-like-cooking decision. The staff is swift, efficient, friendly, and remembers if you've been there before. The discount coupons distributed through local mailers make Il Porto an economically good choice, too. We think of it as our neighborhood restaurant.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I go to Il Porto everytime I go home to visit my parents. The food is always great. The atmosphere is lively. There is always a wait, so I am not the only one who loves this place. The owner Alberto is a great host who always makes a point to talk to each of his patrons at the restaurant. The service is always good. I have had many dishes here, but always enjoy the chicken parm. I also love the homemade bread and the house salad dressing. The prices are also reasonable.

1  Thank seagoer5
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Always enjoy going to this restaurant. Great food, great service.