“Decent food.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bugaboo Creek Steak House - CLOSED

Bugaboo Creek Steak House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Decent food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Liked the food, was priced accordingly. I ate in my first night here, then called for take-out the second night of my stay. They charged almost twice the amount it should have been, then when I asked for it to be corrected, they charged for a salad, which was supposed to be included with the meal according to the person who took my order, then they failed to bring an itemized reciept for my expenses so I had to wait for the bartender to return to get me that yet. All in all, my take-out order ended up taking just as much time to finalize as if I had eaten in, not worth it, Red Lobster is right next door.

Visited April 2013

Fort Belvoir, Virginia
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were originally going to the nearby Red Lobster but passed due to a huge line spilling out the door (and let's face it- Red Lobster isn't worth the wait). Saw Bugaboo Creek and decided to give it a shot based on the decent crowd. Went inside and was pleasantly surprised. Outdoor atmosphere and dining area wasn't crowded. The waiter was very nice and instantly helped calm my daughter by pointing out the 'talking' Christmas tree. Kids are entertained by various other talking critters. I ordered a prime rib and it was one of the best I've had. Give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2012
Germantown, Maryland
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had read a few negative reviews, but wanted to try this restaurant anyway. Are we glad we did! The food was delicious and our server was great. Our water and tea glasses were never empty. We had the sampler app., sirloin steak, and prime rib. Everything was cooked exactly as we asked. My husband always likes his fries crispy and well done. He usually has to send them back for further cooking. He had steak fries and they were perfect the first time.
We went early in the day and it wasn't crowded at all. by the time we left, the place was packed. We liked the atmosphere of the restaurant. It was clean and the staff seemed cheerful. We got more food than expected for the price paid.
We will definitely go back.

Alton, Virginia
“Good lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Frequent this place for workday lunches. They changed the menu a few months back and the lunch specials are quite what they use to be. Big surprise there. However it is still a good lunch and the service is always good. We typically go early and the place is typically quite busy by the time we leave.

Washington, DC
“Nice for work lunch -- needs a bigger sign on roadside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Pluses... not crowded, easy to park, right off 270, fairly nice menu (not overwhelming), nice staff
Minuses... slow service, not easy to see from road (you have to know where it is tucked behind the Red Lobster)

I haven't been to this restaurant more than twice and was surprised to find that the pseudo-Disney decor (animatronic singing moose head, flopping fish, and peeking groundhog) were either removed or turned off or in some other part of the restaurant. In any case it was a nicer, Canadian cabin-feel interior with vintage posters and sports equipment on the walls (skis, snowshoes, and the like)... dare I say more adult?

All in all a pretty decent meal for lunch. Moderately priced. There was a steady flow of people coming in but certainly no "lunch crowd," which made the slow service all the more aggravating. However, our waiter was quite friendly and the food came out fresh and hot.