“not impressed; won't return”
Review of Growler's of Gaithersburg - CLOSED

Growler's of Gaithersburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: J.A. Belt building is considered the oldest commercial property in Gaithersburg. The building has recently undergone a complete historic restoration and is listed on the National Historic Registry. The marriage of the old and new in this historic building creates a unique environment well suited for the reproduction of our turn of the century tavern. Hand-crafted beers and an excellent American menu keeps them coming back!
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were in the area- me, boyfriend, brother, sister-in-law. We wanted to see "downtown" Gaithersburg and after deciding what address to GPS (by browsing the online menus) we figured the lunch/brunch variety would satisfy all 4 of us. We quickly were seated (noon on Sunday). Our waiter quickly came over. We got our drinks. He seemed upset we did not get any brew. We had no idea the menu A) would ONLY be brunch, B) not list ANY beverages, C) not signify appetizer vs. meal (aka we had no idea the burger came with a side). The waiter tried to push my brother into getting 2 orders of Mac and Cheese because "It is very small." We figured at $6,it would be a decent size.

After getting our drinks, we waited a bit to order, granted we could not decide, but it was NOT busy. After ordering, we waited OVER THIRTY MINUTES for our food. The mac and cheese was shallow, cheesy, and a decent amount for my brother. He is picky and said it was good. My sister-in-law got the Banana French toast and A) it was VERY tiny for the price (she was still hungry) and B) it was not designed ANYTHING like the description (lacked conf. sugar, not enough bananas on top, was not stacked like the description said). I had the cobb salad-- it was a decent size, ok price, and maybe if it would not have taken over a half hour, I would be more pleased with it. Oh well. My boyfriend got some chicken sandwich with bacon with sweet potato fries. He ate it all, fries were delicious.

The service was not good, the wait time was awful, and the loud group of people (in our room were only 4 tables filled) drinking brew were so loud I had trouble hearing my family at my table.

We wished the menu was broader. We would have liked to see if they had tea or lemonade. The waiter seemed annoyed we asked what soda pop was served.

I normally use the restroom so I can speak about that but didn't here. I just wanted to leave to drive my 4 hours home.

There are newer reviews for Growler's of Gaithersburg

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have eaten at Growler's three times now and never had a bad meal. The sandwiches are amazing - grilled cheese, pulled pork, and the wonderful prime rib. Sweet potato fries are worth the upcharge. Friendly staff and good beer. What's not to like?

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I found this place using the Around Me iPhone app while looking for some place new to dine. From the website it sounded decent and the menu looked good as well. Walking in the place was busy which I took as a good sign. After sitting down I learned they only had about half the beers their me u listed. Thankfully I was able to sample two then picked a decent beer. We placed our food order and couldn't wait for our food to arrive. When it did we were rather disappointed. My son had a flavorless hot dog, I had what tasted like a frozen pizza and my wife's chicken cheesesteak was nothing to write home about. We decided we wouldn't bother with desert and headed off to Dairy Queen instead. The service was ok, but we won't be returning. If you're out for a beer this place is ok, but if you're hoping to get a decent meal to go with it I'd keep going.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I had the 3 egg omelette and breakfast burrito, both were quite average in terms of quality and quanity. We both had a bloody mary which didn't seem to have any vodka in them. I probably would not return.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went for dinner last night. We ordered the veggie pizza without olives. It came with olives so the server/cook wasn't paying attention. The worse thing about the pizza was they used canned mushroom. The burger we had was pretty good and I liked the fries. The place could use a good cleaning though. I went up the stair and my shoes stuck to the floor. The table felt a bit greasy. Good selection of beer.