“First Thai Food Experience”
Review of Tara Thai

Tara Thai
Ranked #147 of 341 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I played it safe and ordered the Garlic Shrimp. It was very good and a very large portion. I also ordered a strawberry margarita. The taste wasnt the best, but lots of alcohol so I didnt notice for long :)

There are newer reviews for Tara Thai

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I passed by Tara Thai one evening and saw the Zagat ratings for 2013 and the years before and knew it had to be good. Some friends and I went to dinner even though one of my friends said he didn't like Thai food. He ordered a seafood dish and absolutely loved it. We loved the food and the portions are very plentiful. The place was quite busy for a Tuesday night but the service never lacked.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

From my hotel room at the Marriott , I saw signs for a Thai restaurant only a short walk away. It was lunchtime so Tara Thai got my lunch business and I got a better than average Thai meal. Server was very attentive, he was able to communicate so I understood how spicy and size of portions. Had a delicious salad and Pad Thai which was a nice portion and tasted good too. Everyone friendly, was thanked for coming as I got up to leave. Prices moderate.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I must admit I'm not a big fan of thai food. Having lived with thai roommates for a couple of years I got used to their home cooking. It's on a plain of its own when compared to any thai restaurant fare. They couldn't even recommend a restaurant worthy to go to for authentic thai food.
So, with that in mind, I was looking around a movie theater in Rio on Friday evening for a place to have a beer and a quick byte. Everything was packed, inside and patio, Guapos, what used to be Hamburger Hamlet. All, with the exception of Tara Thai. While its patio was pretty full, inside was almost deserted. I sat down at the bar and immediately realized that bartender and servers spoke poor English. There goes one star off of the rating.
Now a little about their food. Not having a taste for restaurant thai, I just got a dozen of their wings in "special" chef sauce. While the wings were great, the sauce turned out to be plain "sweet & sour" variety. It came with a side of slaw.
All that being said, if you're not into thai food this place is completely missable.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Food was good enough but portions were small for the price and the food was a bit cold. Would be willing to try them again.