“A truly local spot with authentic fair”
Review of The Nibbler

The Nibbler
Ranked #154 of 346 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant since it was La Grand Hasul (it's old name).

The food has always been excellent. The atmosphere is not great. It's a little place in a little strip mall.

The rotisserie chicken is excellent. I always get the Milanese though which a must try.

The people are authentic and so is the food.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

It's been quite a long time since the last time we ate at this restaurant where we usually enjoyed its fish dish and hot rolls (my favorite). My friend and I recently returned to this restaurant and were surprised to learn that our favorite dishes were no longer available.

Since we were both very hungry, we decided to stay and ordered two dishes made of beef and chicken. For dessert, we had fried bananas. My friend commented on the limited amount of beef in her dish. About 90% of her serving was french fries and the rest was small amount of sliced beef. Mine is about 90% rice, the rest was chicken.The dishes were served in big platters/plates so we had "to dig in to find our meats".

I paid approximately $45.00 for this lunch and we both felt that we could have eaten better tasting foods and cheaper ones for this amount of money had we gone to a different restaurant..

Conclusion: we're not going back to this restaurant. There are several restaurants next door offering Chinese, Peruvian and American dishes. We'll try them during our next visit.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

So, what would the menu look like if a noted German chef opened a Peruvian restaurant? I liked the ropa (a lot) but my mother in law preferred the veal. Another inexpensive restaurant tucked away in an unimpressive strip center that is really worth a visit. Or several visits...

1  Thank 3kids3kats
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We've been eating at this place for many years. Out of the way, doesn't look like much outside, but wonderful food at reasonable prices. Good service. Walls are covered w/ painted murals of street scenes in Peru, airplane overhead, delightful. I could eat their milder sauce on anything. Fresh fish, yucca fries, best rolls, black bean soup, chicken, beef, potato dishes...we keep going back.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We love this place for the great food, family atmosphere and it's great value.