“Overpriced for sure”

Good for: Families with children
Frederick, Maryland
“Overpriced for sure”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I gone there during Onam celebrations and was disappointed to say there was nothing much on the weekends irrespective of the extra charge.I would recommend wood land or Minerva ( a Non-veg )for sure.I had visited this Place after 3 years and felt they surely grown-up in price but down in Quality.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Alex m

“Best South Indian food in USA!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Having tried Indian food in at least 30 states within USA, I can confidently say that this is probably the best South Indian food in USA. This definitely beats some of the more popular south Indian places in Bay area and Texas.

I traveled to DC with my mother and had a chance to try Madras Cafe, Woodlands and Saravana Palace. I think Madras Cafe was the best by far and I would definitely recommend this restaurant for someone looking for vegetarian south Indian food!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Monkey-in-town
dc
“Yummy food, nice presentation”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We took visiting family to Madras Palace, folks who eat ethnic out and travel a lot. They thought the food was wonderful (as do we). The menu is varied and full of choices; in a pleasant environment. The lack of a 5th star simply represents my usual problem in these suburbs -- another strip mall restaurant (as most of them are here).

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank washgrover
Potomac, Maryland
“Best South Indian food in the area”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a super low key place that you can visit any time you want some honest good South indian food.

The manager Joe is really good at helping people and ensuring things move smoothly.

You can either opt for their large unlimited Buffet with a variety of North Indian and South indian dishes including Fresh fruit and dessert or you can order ala carte.

I would highly recommend the Onion and hot Chilli Uttappam if you crave Spicy food and the rava masala dosa (rice crepes with onions and potatoes). Also try an Idli as an appetizer.

Best part about this restaurant is that you always get good service, its cheap and you don't have to dress up really well to go here.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank bradpitt11
Montgomery Village, MD
“A favorite of my wife and mine”
Reviewed December 10, 2010

A nice variety on the buffet line for a very good price. My experience with the staff has been the opposite of that of a couple of other reviewers. We are always made to feel welcome. Our questions are answered willingly. We visited recently with a neighbor who has some physical limitations. A staff member accompanied him thru the line, made suggestions and served him - all without our needing to ask.

1 Thank jackbirdmd