“If you want Mexican / Central American this place is the Best!”

Acajutla Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #191 of 346 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I love this place. besides the typical Mexican selections, they have the best meat and fish dishes of any Hispanic resturant I have visited. A great selection of tasty dishes. I have never been disapointed. All my friends love this place too!

Reviewed December 6, 2011

We first visited Acajutla more than 12 years ago as we lived in the neighborhood. It became one of our favorite restaurants in the Gaithersburg area. Our family, including children, have never been disappointed in any food or drink selection. We moved away 5 years ago, but still go there whenever we are in the area visiting our children. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone I knew. Great food and great value.

Reviewed March 3, 2011

This restaurant has excellent Mexican food. The menu offers a great range of selections. I particularly like this restaurant because it is local, and not a chain. This allows them to develop their own authentic flavors and to keep the prices reasonable. I am particularly fond of their Cheese Papusas. They do all the regular dishes, but really excell on some of the less standard items. The servings are huge and the service is cheerful.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 6, 2009

great food, great portions, great value.
while most the food is latin (and very delicious) i was impressed by the steak and cheese. they use the same steak that they do for their carne asada. the fries were lack luster but the quantity was great. their carne asada is delicious, and their enchiladas are great. the only problem is its relatively small space makes for hearing other diners too easy, not a place for its scene, but great for food

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 6, 2009

This was my favorite restaurant growing up in Gaithersburg. Mexican and Salvadorean food; very fresh. Way better than the "mexican" chains, and worth a trip if you're in the area.