“Wonderful Greek Restaurant”
Review of Vasili's Kitchen

Vasili's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Vasili's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 341 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A new vision from the new Mediterranean Award-winning Chef Yiannis Loukakos comes back to America with the cuisine of a modern Mediterranean. Chef Lucacos, one of Greece’s most famous and beloved chefs, is a true ambassador of a culinary philosophy that emphasizes simplicity, and seeks to create a playful discourse between local ingredients and elements of Mediterranean cooking that speak to the senses.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The food is authentic, the decor is nice, and the restaurant is very clean. Our server Theo was a nice surprise and he made dining here an excellent experience. He was very personable and a great server. From the food we ordered, the lamb with french fries was delicious and very reasonably priced. The salads were fresh and delicious too! The saganaki (fried cheese) wasn't the best I have ever had, but ok. Only thing I would change is to change the bread they serve with pita instead. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I had seen the reviews for this restaurant and told my friend about it. We were coming to the area for an equestrian event and were looking to see what might be in the area. I saw this listing on Trip Advisor and was sold immediately. I love Greek food and so does my friend. We were not disappointed. We went on a Friday evening and the place was jumping. It was interesting to me that there were at least 3 other restaurants within 100 yards of Vasilis and they were empty. There was a wait for Vasilis and the place was packed. We chatted with some regulars while enjoying Greek Wine and waiting for our table. They had nothing but wonderful things to say. We were waited on by Theo who is family to the owner. A great waiter and a good Greek. We ordered the Taramosalata, a traditional Greek dip made of Carp roe. Theo told us it was going to be removed from the menu as it was not ordered very much. It was just as I remembered. We inhaled it. We also ordered char grilled lamb ribs that came charred and succulent with lemon and garlic. We both had the lamb Souvlaki. It came with a side Greek salad and came up quickly. It was very satisfying and just the right amount of food. Theo was charming and attentive. We had such a great experience we went back on Saturday. We got seated outside and Theo was again our waiter. We had a laugh about it. Being that we can't get Taramosalata anywhere near where we live we ordered it again. We also ordered Saganaki, a pan seared brick of Greek cheese that is lit on fire at tableside by an alcohol bath and a lighter and put out after carmalization with a squeeze of lemon. It was awesome. Again, being at a Greek Restaurant, we went with the lamb. I had the lamb chop entrée and my friend had the lamb Shish-Kabob. We were not disappointed. We splurged and had the dessert special and Greek Coffee. Theo was a great waiter and even found the time to find out where I could buy their Greek red wine in Virginia. I am sorry that we are not locals as this would be my go to place. If you love real Greek/Mediterranean food this is the place for you. Ask for Theo's section.

1  Thank Britt_Roger
Reviewed April 15, 2014

It is a tiny restaurant but with great food. In the warmer months you can sit outside which gives you a little more space.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've had the pork chops and they are fabulous! The chicken soulvaki is excellent too. I love the desserts too.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Fantastic! Delicious food, good service and good wine selection. I've been numerous times with family and friends. It's our go-to place. Tables are close together so it's usually pretty noisy during lunch or if there are large groups of diners. The outside seating is my choice Spring, Summer and Fall.