“Consistently satisfied”
Review of Vasili's Kitchen

Vasili's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Vasili's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 341 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A new vision from the new Mediterranean Award-winning Chef Yiannis Loukakos comes back to America with the cuisine of a modern Mediterranean. Chef Lucacos, one of Greece’s most famous and beloved chefs, is a true ambassador of a culinary philosophy that emphasizes simplicity, and seeks to create a playful discourse between local ingredients and elements of Mediterranean cooking that speak to the senses.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have lived in the area for 9 years and Vasilis is my default restaurant when I just want good food and reliable service. I have never been disappointed with the lamb entrees and the service is efficient. It's a "no brainer" choice when your Mom is too busy to cook for you.

1  Thank MikeIrwin

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a long overdue review from local semi-regulars. We live in the same neighborhood as the restaurant, and with several options for sit-down and fast-casual within walking distance, Vasilis is our "go-to" neighborhood spot for a reliably (very) good, nicely served sit-down dinner (we even occasionally get take out). The pikilia trio platter (tzatziki, melitzanosalata (eggplant dip), and hummus) is an excellent appetizer and crave-worthy, and the complimentary greek salad is fresh and bright. I usually gravitate toward their souvlaki platters for the main course, although the mousaka and pistachio are very good--each has a rich "homemade" comfort-food feel. The seafood specials are always excellent, with simple and delicious preparations. One unexpected treat is their apple pie--I consider myself an aficionado of the dessert, and it is one of my favorites. As far as service, it seems the front of the house is usually run by one or both of two brothers (their names escape me), who are always cordial, attentive, and informative, and after many, many visits, we have never experienced anything other than welcoming and prompt service. Cost is fairly high, but a good return in my eyes. Atmosphere is quaint, cozy, and very clean, although at the busy hour the dining room can become a bit crowded (which happens with any good small place). Overall, an excellent dining option if you happen to be in the Kentlands neighborhood.

1  Thank hermwinningham
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I was seriously disappointed. Wobbly table, needed to be changed, watery salad, had to ask for bread and the kabob platter was dry and not all that. I wish I had looked around for a better deal and value.

1  Thank TravelLover786
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you're looking for good food and don't mind paying for it, this is the place! I work closeby and stop in about once a month when I want a special treat. The crabcakes are excellent-chunks of lump crabmeat with very little filler and the spinach on the side is a great compliment. I've always found the wait staff to be courteous and efficient and can get you in and out quickly if that's what you need. I highly recommend.

4  Thank romadaro
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Really enjoyed the food here for dinner. I had the sea scallops, and my husband had a pork tenderloin special - both were flavorful and I found the scallops to be very nice - maybe a tad overdone, but that's easy to do with scallops. Would have given five stars except that our server, while very friendly, forgot our order of calamari appetizer (to be fair, we didn't point it out because by the time we realized it, our entrees had arrived!) and the bread advertised with the entrees was never brought to the table. Unlike some other reviewers, I thought the portion sizes were fine, perhaps more European-sized than American, but I can't usually finish a huge starter salad, anyway. Would definitely try again, but perhaps be a little more assertive about getting what I want!