“Great food, friendly, service could use more attention to detail”
Review of Vasili's Kitchen

Vasili's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Vasili's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 339 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A new vision from the new Mediterranean Award-winning Chef Yiannis Loukakos comes back to America with the cuisine of a modern Mediterranean. Chef Lucacos, one of Greece’s most famous and beloved chefs, is a true ambassador of a culinary philosophy that emphasizes simplicity, and seeks to create a playful discourse between local ingredients and elements of Mediterranean cooking that speak to the senses.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great food, friendly, service could use more attention to detail”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Really enjoyed the food here for dinner. I had the sea scallops, and my husband had a pork tenderloin special - both were flavorful and I found the scallops to be very nice - maybe a tad overdone, but that's easy to do with scallops. Would have given five stars except that our server, while very friendly, forgot our order of calamari appetizer (to be fair, we didn't point it out because by the time we realized it, our entrees had arrived!) and the bread advertised with the entrees was never brought to the table. Unlike some other reviewers, I thought the portion sizes were fine, perhaps more European-sized than American, but I can't usually finish a huge starter salad, anyway. Would definitely try again, but perhaps be a little more assertive about getting what I want!

Visited July 2013

Falling Waters, West Virginia
“Delicious Greek Food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant offers a delicious selection of Greek-American food. It boasts a scenic mural around the whole place, and the restaurant smells delicious. There is nothing that I've tried here that I haven't liked. The food is relevant enough that when you look at the menu, you understand what you're ordering, which I appreciate. Delicious, definitely try it.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Rachel N
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bland Greek food and offhand service”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

On a recent Saturday evening, I was part of a party of six - all first-time customers - at Vasili's. The restaurant, which was recommended by a friend, is located on a lovely, leafy street in the Kentlands neighborhood, and by all appearances is very popular. Nevertheless, I found the food disappointing: the entrees were bland and flavorless, the small dinner salads so meager, you felt they had counted out the minimum of each ingredient they could get away with serving. The french fries, which are often so good in Greek restaurants, were oily, and the service offhand. Our waitress was nice enough, but she never checked back to see if everything was ok or we needed anything else, and had to be flagged down repeatedly. Finally, this is a noisy place, so it isn't a good choice if table conversation is important to you. Judging by some of the other reviews, it looks like plenty of people have been happy with Vasili's, but I can't think of a reason to return. PS - They only serve wine and beer.

• Visited June 2013
Ithaca, New York
“Great Greek food, Lovely service”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We showed up as a celebratory party of 10 from three countries, on recommendation of a local person. She was spot on. Food is not only expertly prepared on premises from fresh ingredients, but with meticulous concern to serve to customer's specifications, for example a fresh pot of coffee brewed for one diner. People made a wide range of selections so I had a chance to see a variety and to hear a variety of opinions, all of them enthusiastic. We all ate more that we'd meant to from the irresistibles!
Vasilis Hristopoulos is in charge of a restaurant I hope to visit again.

• Visited May 2013
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“VERY EXPENSIVE and mediocre food”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Was taken here for lunch and was so appalled at the prices. Glad i didn't have to pay for it, but it cost over $35.00 for 2 for lunch not including tip. BUT the food was mediocre. Didn't stand out. Have not idea what made chicken and pasta so expensive?? TOO many good places to eat to pay these prices.............

• Visited May 2013