“delicious margarita's and food!”
Review of Guapos Cantina

Guapos Cantina
Ranked #10 of 347 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been here now about 6 times (come here about once a month) and I love the food and ambiance.
The frozen margarita's are amazing... plus the salsa that you get for free with your chips, I think they have put some kind of crack in it ;)

I often order the chicken enchilada's and they have been good every time except once, when they were a bit dry. I also love the spinach enchilada's and I think these are the best. Once I had a tamale and I did not like it, but I think that is more because I do not like tamales (ordered them at other places and also did not like them).
Yesterday I tried the half chicken in Acapulco sauce. That was a lot of food! It was jummy, had half of the food at dinner and enjoyed the other half today at lunch. The tres leches was great too (it was a week after my B-day and my BF had arranged for them to bring out the desert with a candle and a sombrero, every time at Guapo's this happens 5 times a night at least).
We usually go on a Sunday and the restaurant is always crowded, still they are fast with bringing out the food and I like the option that you can sit outside.
It is a bit on the pricy side for a latin place, but damn those margarita's and the salsa make up for it (and the huge amount of food).

Reviewed August 17, 2013

In this restaurant you place an order at the counter. They do bring you the food, which was tasty but not anything extraordinary, although the fried yucca was well done. It is reasonably priced and served quickly. It would be a good place to bring the family. No alcohol is served. There is no ambiance, but the staff is friendly.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have been going there for quite a few years . We always order the Plato Grande and its always tasty.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I frequently go to the Guapos in Gaithersburg on Washingtonian Blvd. They not only have amazing food...the service is the best we have ever had. It is always amazing even on a busy, busy weekend! They are quick and polite and always checking to make sure we are doing okay. On a crazy weekend evening we go get in an out in an hour if we want to!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I ate here twice on my own as I was travelling for business. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all as the place is relaxed and festive. The margarita's were excellent (which may have added to my feeling comfortable!). The salsa and corn chips, provided free with a drink, are enough to fill you. The portions are large; the nacho's appetizer is enough for a meal. The food quality was good and reasonably priced. The restaurant is situated on the lake so try to get seating outdoors in the daytime but the bar is great fun at night. I really enjoyed the experience.