“Fantastic margarita's and great vibe”
Review of Guapos Cantina

Guapos Cantina
Ranked #11 of 344 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I ate here twice on my own as I was travelling for business. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all as the place is relaxed and festive. The margarita's were excellent (which may have added to my feeling comfortable!). The salsa and corn chips, provided free with a drink, are enough to fill you. The portions are large; the nacho's appetizer is enough for a meal. The food quality was good and reasonably priced. The restaurant is situated on the lake so try to get seating outdoors in the daytime but the bar is great fun at night. I really enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Many other restaurants in this shopping center have closed, but this place is going strong. The food is excellent, prices are reasonable for a big Mexican restaurant, and the portions are the usual huge plates (very hot, ma'am!) One meal lasted me two nights-the to-go box is a useful option.
If you are going for conversation, forget it. The whole place is loud and you can't shout above the crowd. If you go with people you know and can lipread, you're all set.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Don't know where to start. Excellent food, loud music, good bar to hang out at while waiting for your table. Not very expensive. This is my wife and my favorite place to go to.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Superb chips & salsa, fair prices, next to multiple-screen cinema, friendly staff, 70% Mexican clientele for a reason, nice portions, seems like everybody but us celebrating a birthday, festive, mostly chairs but a few booths...we enjoyed it, will return.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to watch playoff game, ordered beers then manager turned on juke box and drowned out football game. We left after our first beers. We planned to watch entire game and eat dinner there. What a disappointment!!! Their loss of business!!!

1  Thank mary m