“Good Food”
Review of Flaming Pit - CLOSED

Flaming Pit
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Good Food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The food was good but I thought it was a little pricey. I got the oyster special for $24.99. I got 6 medium size oysters and a 1" square bowl of cole slaw and a hand full of fries. If I wanted a house salad it was $6.99 extra. Overall I had a great time all but the price.

• Visited July 2014

Lancaster, Ohio
“good food but pretty pricey”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We absolutely loved our crab cakes; possibly the best I've ever had. However, probably wouldn't pay $28 for them again. All four of us were pleased with our meals but felt the price was much too high. The service was great; all the waitresses were friendly and made sure we had refills, etc. Delicious food. But be prepared to pay.

Visited June 2014
Olney, Maryland
“Prime Rib is soooo excellent!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We returned to the "the Pit" after several months. It a favorite prime rib place but we'd neglected it for no particular reason. Anyway, we returned. Again, a wonderful meal! There was a lobster special which sounded tempting, but we'd come with our tastebuds watering for prime rib. Opted for martinis instead of wine this time. One of the best (and cheapest) dirty martini's I've ever had. Shared crab dip appetizer for a starter (good choice). Prime rib was done perfectly to our taste; we got the larger cut so we'd have "left-overs". The restaurant was redone in our absence and the menu was a little different. We think the prices were raised, but not out of line from any good steak house. The menu includes lamb, several cuts of steak, and lobster. I'm sure other choices are good, but we've always gotten the prime rib! Easy access, right off 355 in Gaithersburg with plenty of parking. Give it a try; you won't be disappointed. The service was great; we tipped generously.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank travelingal2006
Germantown, Maryland
“Love the new pit”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

My son was never a big fan of the old pit and in the past I thought it was only average. Since the grand re opening, we have been 6 times and have been extremely happy with the food, the service, and the updated interior. I highly recommend stopping in for a bite to eat!

2 Thank STroix
West Midlands
“Refurb.”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Change of management after 25 years.Excellent food and service.Change has not detracted from the original FP.

Visited March 2014