“Buca is a fun place to go with friends and families”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Great Seneca Highway
Transit: Ride On Bus - Kentlands Blvd Stop
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Buca is a fun place to go with friends and families”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Buca is a family style restaurant that serves food that feeds 2-3 people for their small dishes. The food is always good and tastes fresh. They have a very nice selection for food choices. The 2 of us usally order a small apple and gorgonza salad and a small pasta dish and we always have leftovers to take home. I recommend making a reservation for the Pope room if you go with a large crowd. The pope's head as the centerpiece makes for fun conversation.

• Visited September 2012

Rockville, MD
“Very large Italian restaurant, would be great for a big group.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I ate lunch with a friend. They have a special lunch menu as well as the regular one. The bar was empty at lunchtime but looks like it would be a good place to wait at dinner time when it is crowded. The decor is definitely Italian. It was fun to look around at the various pictures of famous Italian singers, actors, artIsts, etc.

The waiter was very good and came to check on us a couple of times without being intrusive.

My salad was good but not exceptional. My friend had soup and salad which was just the right size for lunch. I would recommend this restaurant, especially for a group.

• Visited September 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“This is a chain of Italian eateries, but it didn't feel like a chain”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

While attending some training in the area, had dinner here with an ex-colleague who now lives there. Food and wine were fine, and one of the "hooks" of this chain is you order food quasi-family style. So, that means you order enough food for 2-4, 4-6, etc. The three of us eash ordered a dinner, so we had way too much food. Sat in a booth, was well attended-to by our waiter, and was a night well spent.

• Visited October 2011
“Hearty = Heavy”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Good food, just a bit heavy for me. The family dining idea (ordering dishes for the whole table -v- individual entress) is cool, but I think it leads to over-ordering based on what I saw on my table and at other tables. And once delicious, salty, buttery, cheesy food is in front of us, we tend to eat, eat, eat and then lapse into an "I'm so full" couch coma once home. A moral weakness, perhaps. If I eat there again, I will be very careful to enjoy the house red (which was perfectly decent) and stick to smaller quantities of the lighter of the offerings.

Visited December 2011
Germantown, Maryland
“Bueno”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

"Eyes bigger than your stomach" family sized and good value entrees.

Visited April 2012