“Great business hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great business hotel”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Chose this hotel to stay during a business meeting in Clarksburg based on location and price. Was very pleased to find a lovely hotel. The rooms were well organized, the staff was very friendly, and the hot breakfast was good (and free). The hotel is very new, so everything was fresh and in prefect repair. A great hotel for a business traveller.

• Stayed January 2014
Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hello! Happy New Year. Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience. Our Team is pleased you found us and that we were able to offer you a beautiful, new and well maintained hotel with great service and excellent staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Nice, new hotel! The bed is always so comfortable - I'm a huge fan of Hampton Inn - I love the beds and because it's a Hampton the duvet is freshly laundered...love the smell!

I had a King room - nice, large room, microwave/refrigerator and desk. The bathroom - was HUGE! I did have one day where the water in the morning was luke warm at best...I didn't say anything to management but I talked to other people in my group - and their water was not hot either so it was wide spread through the hotel rooms.

The breakfast is okay; they do have options for both hot and cold.

My company is in the local area so I can't comment on location to DC. I do know from past experience at a different hotel the train is relatively close.

I did not swim - but the pool looks about 6 feet at the deepest point and the water was warm. Looking forward to trying the next time I stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience at our new hotel. Yes we did have a hot water issue on the one day and thank goodness for our Chief Engineer who was able to resolve it. We are excited to hear that you will be coming back and don't forget the swim suit so you can try out the salt purified heated pool. Happy New Year!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. it was clean and the bed was so comfortable! The continental breakfast was very good. they served both hot and cold food. The laundry room had the front load type, one washer and two dryers. They did not require quarters like other hotel laundry rooms. The only thing you would need to find a place for lunch and dinner; other than that it was a great hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello and Happy New Year!

Thank you for your review. We are pleased we were able to add Hamptonality to your trip. Hopefully you will be back in April 2014 to try out the new local restaurants and cafe opening at the Watkins Mill Town Center next door to us. It will be a great addition to our area. Have a great 2014!
!
southampton ,NY, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I travel to this area of Maryland often, of the hotel optionsi in this price range this new Hampton Inn will be my first choice. Large fresh rooms with a good writiing desk, super gym, sparkeling pool and some free food in the morning. All in all the best option.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello! and Happy New Year! Thank you for your review. Our Team is thrilled that we are your #1 choice in the area. The feedback has been great especially from travelers like you that have stayed at other properties in the area. Come back soon.
Middletown, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel is new within the last year or so and looks great. The room was sparkling clean. However the location is Not as close to D.C. as implied. After a long drive I looked forward to a nice welcome cocktail but the Bar was not open yet, I was told the liquor license was not acquired yet but would be soon. The swimming pool looked small but I can't comment further because it was closed.Very clean. If the location works for you then this should be a good choice in a few months. If you don't drink or swim book it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Hello! Thank you for the review. We are pleased you liked the hotel. Hampton Inn & Suites in Gaithersburg has been open for five months and in April 2014 we will have more dining and bar options within walking distance. Plus we will be selling beer and wine in our suite shop soon. We are in the final stages of our liquor license process with Montgomery County. Our pool is open Monday to Friday 5pm to 10pm and Saturday and Sunday 10am to 10pm. The times are in place as we have to have a lifeguard on duty as per county regulations. We hope to welcome you back in the new year!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed December 26, 2013

12/16 we had a room upgrade to a suite for $9.00 per day extra. Registered at the desk and was assigned room 323. I responded to the desk person that I walk with a ‘cane’ and why are we assigned a room furthest from the elevator. Now I did not mention this when I made the reservation as I don’t need a cane in a small area, i.e. walking over 100+ feet or so.
My wife was loading the baggage cart and I went out to move the car. When I returned, the desk person had moved us to a room on the ground floor (rm 102). Well I thought that was good customer service. That’s when the other shoe dropped. The room was at the end of the hall on the ground floor on the furthest from the front desk. The room was the same distance from the elevator as the prior room, just in a different direction. The ice machine was on the opposite side of the hotel, just on the ground floor. The kitchen area was very nice with the exception there was no waste basket which is where most of the trash is generated. There was one in the bathroom and under the desk. When we asked the desk attendant if we could have another waste basket, She told us to move one of the other baskets!
As usual the room was furnished with Styrofoam cups which is not conducive for adult beverages.
12/17 Housekeeping--- There were 3 rooms on this wing of the hotel, ours was the only one that was occupied. Check out is 12:00 hrs. We were meeting friends and they were a little late. When housekeeping came to clean the room they did not enter because of our ‘do not disturb’. That was fine but they did not return to check the room. We came back about 15:30/16:00hrs. I called the front desk to ask to have our room serviced. The desk clerk called back and said when housekeeping came to service our room there was a ‘do not disturb’ on the door. Gee I guess they only come by once a day with no follow up! When they refreshed the room the attendant did not remove the trash!
12/18 Room was cleaned –we left at10:00 hrs however, the ice bucket was not emptied and a new liner was not provided. Also, the room attendant did not leave a bath mat.
Some of the issues may seem that we were being petty but it does point to the fact that management does not follow through on staff performance.

Green Features: The trash cans are too small so we just filled the empty space!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JohnM004
Barbara R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your review and feedback. The dates and detail you provide are helpful as I discuss your review further with our team. Our team works towards offering a 'home away from home' experience with hamptonality and the feedback we receive can always assist us to improve. We hope to welcome you back in the new year and have an opportunity to make it a much better stay.
New York City, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My family and I had an excellent stay at this brand new Hampton Inn. The room was immaculate and well appointed. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic! It had more than just the basic cereal and fruit; something for everyone. The Belgium waffles were a huge hit with the kids. They also loved the pool. It was nice that there was a lifeguard on duty.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Hello! Excellent feedback. Thank you so much! Our Team is thrilled you experienced our Hamptonality. Happy Holidays!