All reviewsgreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastking suitecomfortable bedsthe breakfast areaoatmeallifeguard on dutywashington dcclean hotelwould definitely stay here againenjoyed my stayroom was largeexcellent staybusiness tripplenty of parkingconvenient locationmetro station
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had a wonderful stay here. The hotel staff were very friendly and professional. This is a new hotel and the staff is doing a great job keeping it looking that way. You will not be disappointed with this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Hello! WOW! Thank you for the time to add your feedback and experience. Most of the team worked on the new hotel from construction and we couldn't agree with you more that the property is beautiful and also upscale for a Hampton Inn & Suites. Glad we added Hamptonality to your stay!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

New. Clean. Good breakfast. Couteous and helpful staff. Location handy to I-270. Very firm but good mattresses. Good value. Fine salt water pool. Excellent, hot coffee at all times. Franchised owners striving to please and are on premesis most of the time.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello! Thank you for your feedback and noticing our efforts to offer the best hotel in the area and top notch service. Hope you get to come back soon. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night at this hotel, a Sunday night, recently after returning from a trip to the Caribbean. The flight into Reagan National arrived at 12:30AM. Rather than stay in town near the airport before driving several hours home the next day, we elected to find a hotel which was relatively close (so not too far to drive at 1AM in the morning) to downtown Washington DC, but outside the beltway and outside the heavy traffic zone, so we could continue our drive back home into Pennsylvania in the morning.

This hotel fit the bill perfectly. It was only about a 40 minute drive from Reagan National (assuming a time of day with no heavy traffic). The hotel is quite new. Consequently, it is very nice and clean. The price is very competitive for the greater DC area. It was close to I-270, but far enough off of it that we did not hear freeway traffic.

I have stayed in many Hampton Inns all over the country. They are generally quite predictable (in a good way) in my experience. The only times I have been disappointed is when the building itself is older. The carpets get dirty. The air smells musty. Unless hotel owner/operators are willing to spend capital to refurbish and replace carpet, etc., the wear and tear drags down the Hampton reputation. But, happy to report, this Hampton is really nice relative to other Hampton Inn locations where I have stayed. It benefits from being so fresh and new.

One last pointer: leaving DC, and driving here on I-270, one needs to commit perhaps 5 to 10 miles before the actual exit to the right-hand, local access lanes of I-270. Fortunately for me, I was using a Garmin which somehow knew this and kept me in the two right-hand lanes for many miles (not sure how many) before the actual exit. If I had stayed to the left, in the main thru lanes of I-270, I would have come to the exit point and discovered I could not get off. You are committed in the thru lanes by concrete barriers that take you past the exit. I am not sure how far you would have to go north before it would let you off to backtrack south again (or technically southeast again). Anyway, bottom line, stay to the right on I-270 north until you get to the exit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and suggested instructions to get to our new hotel.

"For someone looking for a place to stay in the greater DC area that was more modestly priced, but still close enough to have good access to downtown, this is a good choice." This sentence really does some up how convenient we are to the nations capital and guests will enjoy the fact that our pricing is really good especially for such an 'upscale' Hampton model. Hope you can come back soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Service was excellent, bed was excellent, convenient...I can't say enough good. The room was large and had convenient outlets for all of our plug ins! Shower was great. Wonderful replacement for the Hampton that closed in Germantown.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Hello! Wonderful review for us - thank you! The added outlets have really generated great feedback for the new hotel. The attention to detail and comfort that our owners and investors had planned for the new built hotel has really paid of. Not sure if you knew but we are actually a LEED designed hotel and we are working towards getting our LEED certification. So great focus on sustainability, energy efficiency and water conservation. So pleased you found us and please share with friends and colleagues. We would love to welcome you all!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Was working in the area and found this place online. Great location and great facility. Staff was great, checked me in in about 5 minutes. Room was huge but the best was the bed!! Extremely comfortable. Chairs need to be a little more comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hello! A great night's sleep is priceless. So pleased you found us. Hope you will be back soon and will consider us as your hotel of choice.