“Just OK for hardcore bowlers but great for families”

Bowl America Gaithersburg
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place used to take good care of their lanes and was more focused on leagues than anything else. They are more focused on family fun now so don't rush there if you want pristine lanes. The place is nice inside and great for families.

1  Thank richc007

Reviewed December 6, 2012

After we got shoes and everything else, it wasn't as cheap as we thought it would be, but the kids had a great time.
The food was reasonably priced and better than you'd expect in a bowling alley.

1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Got treated to beer and bowling for Fathers' Day by my daughter and her husband. The place was extremely crowded so there was a very long wait to get a lane. We settled at the bar to wait, but we had a very difficult time getting the bartender to wait on us (she was very overloaded with orders from others at the bar and also from the alleys). Nonetheless, once we got our beverages and a lane to bowl on, we all had a pretty good time. Additionally, there were lots of families with young children, so it must be very family friendly.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I took the kids including my nephew's for a last summer bowling fling. The kids enjoyed it and my pocketbook got a break since they had A's on their report cards and get a free game per A.

1  Thank Travelqueen8882
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Bowl America is a great place for some bowling fun and surprisingly awesome food! The lanes are very cool in a retro kind of way and the equipment works just fine. But it is those wonderful ladies in the snack bar who make it magical!!! The nachos are fantastic (best I've ever had, and I've tried a lot). And it wasn't just me, because picky kids in our group heartily agreed. The french fries were fantastic and they have three types from which to choose. The pizza looked great, but we didn't have room for it. Next time, perhaps? And a great selection of beer on tap. They card for real, even if you have grey hair, and issue a wrist band if you pass muster. So take your ID and be glad to know that your teenage kids will not be able to drink there. Ever. I had the Stella. Two, actually. Both delicious.

Bowl America is good for classic American bowling with the sound of balls and machinery, vast expanse of carpet, accidentally hip rental shoes, etc. Think Fred Flintstone, and if you're old like me, the bowling birthday party that everyone wanted. It was very affordable and the lanes and vintage equipment are well maintained. But the awesome snack bar puts this place OVER THE TOP!

1  Thank BonsterMC