“Good Mexican food for people who appreciate real Mexican food”
Review of Taco Bar

Taco Bar
Ranked #15 of 339 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: It's part of a "Washingtonian" gas station complex - I think it's related to the Taco Bar that you have listed on Russell (also in Gaithersburg). It has eat-in & carryout.
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Mexican food for people who appreciate real Mexican food”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The title says it all. It's hidden by an Express gas station in a wine/beer shop but the food is plentiful and tasty. There are a few tables and chairs for people to sit down and eat but most people picked up a 6 pack and tacos to go. Everyone seemed to be ordering tacos, mostly the chicken but al pastor is tasty too. Prices are a lot more than you would expect say if you came from California and went to the neighborhood taco joint but for the DC area it's cheap. I'll be back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank dash4m

Germantown, Maryland
“Excellent Mexican Food!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are looking for authentic Mexican food, this is the place to go! The prices are great and the food is always fresh! The place is small, but cozy. Certainly a place to visit!

• Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This place is actually great! Kind of hidden inside of a gas station/convenience store, so I overlooked this place for years until a friend mentioned how great it was so I gave it a whirl and the food is Wonderful, prices are very good, and the service is fast, albeit not particularly friendly.
Highly recommend checking this place out!

• Visited September 2012
Germantown, Maryland
“Best place for authentic Mexican food!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I heard a lot about this place and have been dying to check it out. I finally did with my brother and all I can say is...where have you been all my life??? If you want authentic Mexican food that is extremely affordable and oh-so good then check out this place. I had their quesadillo, pastor taco, bistec taco, and can't-remember-the-name-beef-tongue taco and all I can say is I will definitely come back for more tongue. On another positive note, they make one of the best horchata in the area...and trust me, I've had plenty. Will definitely go back.

1 Thank Mcao