“Good mid-Eastern food at a good price”

Moby Dick House of Kabob
Ranked #70 of 341 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed July 25, 2012

For what you pay here, you get a good deal. There are a lot of Lebanese-style restaurants in the area, but I like Moby Dick the best because I think it's the best value. Skip the over-priced competition. My favorite thing here (this will sound weird, but I mean it) is the homemade yogurt sauce. The "pita" bread here, I will warn you, does not have a pocket and is rather "solid" rather than light, but it is fresh-baked.

One gyro can feed two for lunch (especially if you split something else). My one complaint is that, while they have sweet hot tea, they don't have real arab coffee (sweetened and cooked to order). But I'll overlook that (and if you're nice to the people and they're not too busy, they might make it for you).

I almost always get the excellent falafel, and occasionally the very good gyro, so I haven't tried everything on the menu.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

I love their hummus and pita chips! Their chicken kabobs are yummy too!

1  Thank 528MariaG