“A Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
water4u99
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

On my first visit with my kids, I ordered the Tofu Teriyaki combo box, for I'm a vegetarian. The soup and salad was tasty and fresh. I was pleasantly surprised at how fresh the tofu was. Outside was crispy and inside was tender. The portions were rather large - with many pieces. My middle daughter order the salmon combo box, and she said it was fresh as well.

We made couple of more visit in the next couple of weeks. The quality was always great and fresh. Now we visit the place almost every week.

The menu has a surprising number of items - the traditional rolls etc, including katsus and udons. The owner once even custom made a pure vegetarian udon for me.

The furnishes are new and of good quality. The floor is all hardwood!

Overall, this is our favorite due to the quality and freshness of the food, which for me are the most important criteria. Other reviewers have complained about the freshness, but it's always been good on our visits - at least 5 times.

I only have 2 minor negatives:
- ligting: the place is a bid dark. The ceiling is painted black and the lamp/light are small.
- soy sauce - the "light" sauce seem to be dark/salty. Not sure what's the issues here.

Overall it's one of the best - given the price tier and the freshness.

I rarely write reviews - but I really like this place and would like everyone to know as well.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Our favorite local sushi spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We really love the sushi at this restaurant along with the quiet atmosphere and attentive service. The variety of "platters" is excellent and everything we have tried here has been delicious. The only downside is the cost which is on the high side! But it's wonderful to have a good sushi spot so close to home!

Visited June 2013
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great Sushi Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place is right around the corner from my house and I couldnt be happier about that!

There are not many good sushi places that I have found in Gaithersburg so this was a great find.

Me and my wife go here pretty frequently (twice a month) and it is consistently good every time. The specialty sushi offerings are very good and always beautifully displayed. The normal rolls are also very good.

We even ordered the fried rice once and although it is pretty expensive, it was extremely good! The best fried rice I have ever had.

The waitresses are always very nice and very attentive. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for good sushi in Gburg.

Visited July 2012
Laytonsville, Maryland
“Best Sushi Expeerience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I awaited the opening of this restaurant for some time and we were not disappointed! Located in a local shopping plaza, the restaurant interior is warm, beautiful and elegant for the area. A large private room is available for parties.

The sushi and other items on the menu are fresh and presented as a works of art. The menu offers an extensive selection of speciality rolls in addition to the sushi and sashimi. Tempura, hibachi, and teriyaki are among other style of Japanese cuisine offered. Staff are gracious and attentive.

We have dined here dozens of times, brought friends, ordered carry out and catering for a party. We were always very satisfied. The restaurant out competes all other local sushi restaurants in the area.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Christine P
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had looked at this restaurant several times (in our local shopping center) and said "we have to try it" so one stormy Friday we did. It was quite enjoyable. The environment is very relaxed and the sushi is very good. We tried several thigs and the only thing I wasn't thrilled with was the shrimp tempura - but I don't often eat fried foods. My husband even had the tempura cheesecake and loved it.

Hopefully the place will last - it was a friday night and quite empty. Perhaps it was the wintry weather. We will definitely go again.

• Visited January 2013