“Great food. Nice location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Deluxe - CLOSED

Cafe Deluxe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
CHANTILLY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food. Nice location.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had their seafood special which was very flavorful. the service was friendly and prompt. The location right on the lake was lovely.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Awful Hostess”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We never even got into the restaurant. The hostess and manager were having a discussion regarding race. My husband and I thought it was completely inappropriate and left. We will NEVER eat there.

Visited November 2012
Rockville, MD
“enjoyable experience”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We live in the area and have dined here a few times. In a previous review (Dec. 2012) I noted that the food was mostly decent and service friendly but it was very noisy. Although it was still somewhat noisy, this visit was much more enjoyable. We had dinner on a weekday at around 6:30 pm and we were seated at an inside table by the window with a nice view of the lake. (They also had seats on the patio but it was too hot outside.) The place was not full and the noise level was not so high as to interfere with conversation. The food this time was good to very good. I had the crabcakes entrée with shoestring fries and cole slaw. The crabcakes were more crab than filler and had a slightly different taste than other crabcakes I've had--pretty good but not the best I've had. The fries were very good and the cole slaw was OK (I'm not a fan of cole slaw). My husband had fillet medallions with green peppercorn sauce, with haricots verts and mashed potatoes. He asked for the meat to be done medium rare, erring on the side of rare, and it was done perfectly--tender and delicious with the sauce. The haricots verts were also perfectly done and had a great garlicky flavor. Mashed potatoes were OK, nothing special. For dessert we had a warm Belgian brownie with a couple of rasperries on top and cinnamon ice cream on the side (on the menu it came with vanilla ice cream but we asked for the substitution since another dessert had cinnamon i.c.). The brownie was soft and cake-like, almost like a chocolate lava cake. The entire dessert was very good and very rich. I also enjoyed a glass of sangria with dinner-it was a special on the board. I am often disappointed in sangria at restaurants and don't always finish a glass, but this one was tasty and refreshing and I finished the whole thing.
Our waitress was Heather and she was very friendly and helpful. The hostess was also friendly, as was another waitress who checked on us after we sat down to see if we were taken care of.
I recommend this Café Deluxe and look forward to the weather getting more comfortable so we can sit outside.

• Visited June 2013
San Francisco, California
“A "French" inspired cafe”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

A snarky hostess does not leave a positive first impression. I requested a front booth vs a booth near the kitchen was received with a flippant attitude.

The flatiron steak with pomme frites was just that, inspired by a French cafe

“Just okay”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Four of us visited while staying at the Washingtonian Center. Salmon and lamb shank meals were both good. Cobb Salad was soggy. Nice atmosphere.