“Food took too long and then it had on flavor”
Review of Luna Italia

Luna Italia
Ranked #245 of 335 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Fairly new restaurant phone # (240) 361-2921
Maryland
“Food took too long and then it had on flavor”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I went to this hidden place in the Kentlands hoping to get some quality Italian food thinking that it was like a mom and pop type of place, the food took almost an hour to get to our table and then it just didn't have any flavor, the appetizer felt like it just came out the fridge with no flavor at all and the main dish was no better. For the location and the expensive prices you would expect at least a half decent meal at this small restaurant. If you are looking for a good experience with Italian food go to Mama Lucia or Boca di Beppo instead much better food and the prices are about the same.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank shaytavi

“Nice little Italian getaway....not so much”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were very excited to get to a nice little Italian restuarant for a romantic dinner for two. Well this place is small and surroundings were nice enought but man the food was average at bess but what pushed the score to poor was the price, its expensive.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank Yankercranker
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Friendly service food was just average-”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It was my first time at Luna Italia and I went there with no expectations. When we first got there we tried to eat inside but it was so hot that even though it was a warm evening it was cooler outside. Service was quick and friendly as we were the only ones there on this particular Wednesday night. We both ordered house salads- nothing special, just the ordinary bag lettuce with tomato, cucumber and onion topped with a vinaigrette dressing making it tasty. I ordered the eggplant parmesan and my friend ordered the shrimp linguine. My eggplant parmesan was over sauced and over breaded - the sauce and the breading overpowered the eggplant and I felt this dish was below average. The shrimp linguine was better - served in a olive oil and garlic based sauce. I felt overall the service was good and our waiter was very friendly- The food was okay, but for what it was, overpriced- nothing remarkable. Not enough of a draw to bring me back.

• Visited August 2012
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Nothing fancy but friendly with good food.”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I went here a little while ago and plan to go back. The restaurant itself is quite small and nothing too fancy but the staff are very friendly and the food was good. I also found it pretty reasonable. A nice evening out if you live locally.

• Visited October 2011
Maryland
“Small, nice Family run restaurant!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Not sure why the negative reviews! My Wife and I just dined there (6-2-2012) I thought the place was perfect! My food was no where near bland (a spicy Penne dish with sausage) and the bread was very soft and fresh. Our waiter couldn't have been anymore attentive! Yes, the place is small, but that's what makes it appealing. It's almost like you're Family and you're eating in someone's Dining room! I can honestly recommend Luna Italia!

1 Thank mew0359