“Nice but outdoor hallways” 4 of 5 stars

HYATT house Gaithersburg
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lynchburg, United States
“Nice but outdoor hallways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean, but very humid because of the outdoor hallways. Breakfast was alright, but people acted as if the food would run out. The television channels were a bit confusing. The pool and sitting area with fire pit looked nice. Overall a good value for a hotel which was better than a Comfort Inn or Quality Inn. The extra room and full kitchen were great.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were spacious, but being downstairs we heard the family upstairs.
    • 4 of 5 stars
Stacey F, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Greetings! I will ensure your comments are shared with the team. Thank you for choosing us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Hyatt House is several houses. Buildings A, B, C ,D- you get the idea. We stayed in Building D which is close to the tennis court and pool. Unfortunately we were only there for one night so we didn't get to try those out. The exterior of Building D is not awe inspiring as several spots have broken off sections of wood and it needs a paint job BUT our room looked great. It was comfortable, didn't have any weird smells etc. Everything inside our room was in tiptop shape, all the appliances worked, all the utensils that were supposed to be in the room actually were! My techie/nerdy side was very pleased with all of the outlets in the room and the wifi was strong and consistent. The saddest thing for me was the H-Bar was out of cupcakes when I really wanted a cupcake. Personally I feel like no good place should ever run out of cupcakes but that's just me :-D

**Warning- if you like the higher floor there are no elevators. I always choose the highest floor in a Hyatt House because the hotel tends to appeal to families which sometimes means little kids which equals stomping across my head if my room is beneath them. Granted the highest floor is the third floor but if you are staying a while or have heavy luggage I think you should at least be aware!

Room Tip: Remember, no elevators so if you have trouble with stairs or heavy luggage, ask for a first floor ro...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hi, I appreciate you taking the time to put your comments in writing. It will assist us as we analyze and prioritize ways to improve our hotel. Thank you for staying with us!
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family were looking for a hotel to stay in the area. It was nice to be able to cook dinner in our room, have access to a pool, and sport court. The morning breakfast was an added plus to this stay. We would stay at this hotel again.

• 5 of 5 stars
Stacey F, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hyatt House Gaithersburg. I am glad our hotel met your needs. I look forward to seeing you again and thank you for choosing us!
DeLand, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had 2 couples, one of which had a small child, plus 1 other person. Stayed in the 2-bedroom suite, one couple in each bedroom and their small child, then the single person stayed on the pull-out couch. Splitting the cost, this is the best bargain going! Each bedroom had a king bed and a flat screen tv, and a really nice bathroom. Kitchen was fully equipped, and the living area had the big couch, a lounge chair, and an eating area. The only downside was that the person sleeping on the couch had to go through a bedroom to use the bathroom if getting up at night.

One problem with our room was that we had a hard time getting the temperature to stay constant. It seemed like the a/c would run for a while and get really cold, then the heat came on to warm it up again.

The rest of the place was great too. They have a nice outdoor area - a pool, firepit with lots of chairs around, and several tables and chairs with umbrellas, and even a pergola with a grille that you could use. Free hot breakfast every morning, with a cute girl cooking omelets to order if you want. Evenings (Mon-Thu) they had a complimentary hors d'oeuvres, but we were only there Friday thru Sunday. There's a laundry, an exercise room, a basketball court, and a business area too. From the looks and location of the place, my guess is that it's geared toward business travelers who are staying for the whole week. The grounds are very well-kept. The exteriors of the buildings could use some sprucing up - there was some wood rot going on, but not where it would bother anyone inside the rooms. Roof looks pretty new. If you're going to visit DC with another couple, this is the way to do it. There is a subway station just a mile or 2 away, and that'll take you right into DC.

Room Tip: If you can, get a layout of the place and you can see where the quietest rooms will be. I always tr...
1 Thank mikeinflorida1507
Stacey F, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hyatt House Gaithersburg. Your comments are greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and amenties we have to offer. Thank you for choosing us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My sisters and I came up for a shower and shared a suite, it worked out great with two great neices with us. Close to the pool, nice outdoor seating. Perfect for family stay. Kept up well, although housekeeping cart was outside our door most of the day (don't know why). Breakfast could have more fresh fruit verity. Grounds and buildings being. Kept up fairly well, obviously still being worked on.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hyatt House Gaithersburg. Your comments will be utilized to improve our hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing us!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed for a summer internship.
Pluses: Breakfast is delicious, and they have made-to-order omelettes sometimes! The location was ideal - walkable to nice parks, quiet residential areas, grocery stores, and plenty of restaurants. There were also several great Asian markets nearby! There are local events and a farmer's market relatively close. This place is also close to public transport and major highways which make for a quick ride anywhere. They also had a van that lodgers could use! Rooms were very spacious and comfortable.
Minuses: Laundry would be unavailable/broken very often, and the price for laundry rose in the middle of the summer. My room mate and I found some strange looking mold/mildew on the shower curtains, but the staff didn't do anything about it until we pestered for a few weeks. Sometimes noise from neighbors or the unintentional noise from our place was a problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hi, I appreciate the posting of this review. I have addressed your concerns with the team. I am confident you will find a much different hotel than when you stayed with us last year. I hope to see you again.
Mililani, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I just checked into the Hyatt place at Gaithersburg, MD and I will be here for 2 weeks in this room. This is my first time experiencing a Hyatt when usually I am a Starwood member. I decided to try a different brand to experience it and my first impression has not been a good one. I am here for a teacher conference and the first thing that I see is the dust and crap on the couch, bed stains at bottom of the bed, mold in the shower, dirty draws, and dust on clothes rack. Did anyone even clean this room? I understand that they were sold out due to the 4th of July weekend but it seems as if nothing was cleaned. Attached are the pictures of this room that I am in. This is not the impression that Hyatt wants to have for a first time guest.

If this continues, I am definitely requesting to get out of this hotel and brand.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the unacceptable experience you have had with us. I know we spoke at length regarding your concerns and am glad we were able to address once we were made aware. I appreciate you staying with us and providing candid feedback.