“One of the best!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Worth
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We spent a week at this hotel and we thought that it couldn't have been better. The rooms were spacious since the hotel is a former apartment complex. We originally had a one bedroom, which was nice, but were able to upgrad to a two bedroom, and never felt cramped the whole time we were there. Extremely well furnished, with all new paint, tile, carpet, etc. The free breakfast was super with a great selection, and "Social hour" on Monday thru Thursday could almost have served as a meal.

The hotel is in a residential area and is very quiet. It's also a mile or two from the Metro station, so with a five to ten minute drive you can catch the metro into Washington. Convenient to restaurants, etc.

A terrific hotel! And we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is one that's been remodeled. Some were still under construction (March, 20...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dale R
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your response. It means a lot that you felt our hotel is one of the best! We have completed renovations of all of our rooms so each and every guest can have a similar experience to yours. The hotel has always been a hotel but our large rooms and appearance give the look of a building that was once residential. We truly value your comments and will continue to thrive to being the best in Gaithersburg.

Shaune Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Lovely clean hotel with the best staff made us feel warm and fuzzy. Roomy and quiet....loved it. would recommend to any travelers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and more importantly the staff. To go along with our newly renovated rooms we have a staff that genuinely wants to meet and exceed all guest expecations. We look forward to having you again.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I agree with other Tripadvisor comments that the quality of this stay was infinitely better than expected with excellent value for money.

I stayed in a two bedroom apartment and also visited a friend in their one bedroom apartment. Both were of a good size, very clean and with good amenities. The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis by friendly and trustworthy staff. Most of all, I cannot emphasise how fantastically comfortable the beds and pillows were! I had half a mind to buy them myself :-)

The services provided by Hyatt House were also excellent. There was a free shuttle bus service to the nearest metro (Shady Grove - approx 40min journey into DC) as well as anywhere else you wished to travel within a 5 mile radius. The included breakfast was plentiful and on weekdays, free wine, beer, tea, coffee and chilli was offered in the evenings.

A simply equipped but adequate gym was available, as well a basketball court and swimming pool (not used in April though!), on site. The surrounding residential area is safe and lovely, with plenty of parks also close by - I went for a few runs and it was very pleasant.

Overall, a very comfortable stay, excellent value for money and friendly frontline & background staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am glad that we met and exceeded your expectations while staying at the hotel. While undergoing renovations we also upgraded our bedding package with brand new Hyatt Grand beds and other features to the package. The evening social is one of my favorites as well, you can have a light snack or even a small meal after a long day being a tourist or working. We look forward to having you again.

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite and it was wonderful! I did not expect this quality for the price we paid. I could not find anything wrong with the accommodation - on the contrary, they offered way more than one is used to for hotels at this price range. The included breakfast is quite a spread and seems like in the week they have complimentary snacks and drinks in the evening. The towels, toiletries, bedding, just everything in the room is of great quality. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I will recommend this hotel to anybody and can't wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review Janette, I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. We look forwawrd to providing genuine hospitality to you and anyone you may recommend in the future.

Ansonia, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My wife and I went to visit our son in Gaithersburg. The long term stay hotel has recently undergone a rennovation We had a one bedroom suite. Very roomy and immaculate. The staff was wonderful and responded quickly with answers to questions we had.. A full breakfast was included in the nightly charge, and the daily rate was less than most hotels in the area, The hotel is right near the Metro and the hotel provides a shuttle to and from. We definetely will be staying there the next time we visit.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review AnoniaDon, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. While our niche certainly is for extended stay we are also a great fit for any length of stay as every guest loves an upgrade. All 140 of our newly renovated rooms are full suites which give you more space than the ordinary hotel room. We look forward to having you again.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We had a great stay at the Hyatt! I was expecting a great hotel because of the reviews but it was more than I expected at the price I was paying. It was just an overnight stay but I wish we could stay forever!!! The suite was awesome! Very clean, very neat. The bed was very comfortable. I didn't want to get out of bed! The free breakfast was great!. I booked one room for my sister and her family and they were given a two bedroom suites, same price as my room. I was given one bedroom suite because we were only two. The downside was: it cost us around $50 (1 day pass x 6 people) for the metro to go to Washington DC. I already recommended this hotel to a friend!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review Iorna568, I am glad you and your family enjoyed our newly renovated suites. We look forward to having you and your family stay at the hotel in the near future.

Plainfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We were 4 adults and 2 children. We booked the 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite which was excellent, very spacious, clean and very accessible to highways and DC was just 30 minutes away. There were many restaurants close by. This roon easily held our family of 6. Each couple had a bedroom with a private bath and the kids slept on the sofa bed. We checked in at approx. 8PM and then went out to dinner. Upon returning we realized that we did not have enought towels and washcloths for our group. I called the front desk and was told that I needed to come to the gate house and get them. I told them that at 11PM I should not have to come as they knew well in advance that we were a family of 6. After going back & forth for a while I hung up and decided we would share for the night however someone did soon arrive with the towels and cloths. This was a daily event for the 4 days. I finally on the 3rd day saw a cart and took a supply of cloths to get us through. The first night the toilet ran al night which was fixed the next day. I would go back again because the price and rooms was worth it but they do need to work on customer service. By the way Phil who checked me in was very friendly and accomodating.

• 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review KimP, I am sorry that your stay was less than perfect. Providing excellent customer service is my #1 priority at the hotel and from your review it sounds like we didn't meet your expectations. I can ensure you that I will coach and counsel my staff so other guests don't have a similar experience. I invite you to give us another try in the future as I know we are able to provide much better customer service.

Shaune Johnson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gaithersburg/Washington, DC North
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
#7 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.0 of 5 stars 384 reviews
Courtyard Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!