“Great service at a very good price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Hoboken, NJ
“Great service at a very good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have been staying here for many months now and have gotten to know the management & the other employees quite well. While there have been some service hiccups, I have always been impressed with the extent the management is willing to go to in order that they provide a great experience for their guests. The hotel is under going a renovation right now where they are updating their rooms, and the new rooms are much nicer than the dated old rooms.

My biggest gripe has been with their sometimes inconsistent Internet connection speeds. I have worked with the Internet provider and they are helpful, as is the hotel management, but I just think that the provider is not really providing the hotel with the best equipment or something. It's not a MAJOR problem, but when working from your room all day, it can be a hassle sometimes. Also, the doors are a bot drafty with outside drafts coming in. In the winter you may need to wear socks, especially if on the ground floor. But management is always willing to work with you to help remedy any issues you may come across. I would not have been living here for the past 8 months if I did not feel that the service made up for the lack of perfection in the rooms. Good place to stay for the money.

Room Tip: Ask which bldg they are currently renovating and ask for a far away building location if you need to...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Mr. Zahran,

As one of our top guests I sincerely appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to fill out a review of the hotel. The Hyatt house is truly a home away from home for yourself and many guests like you. It is always my pleasure to see you walking around the property and I will continue looking for ways to improve the internet for you and other guests at the hotel.

I would like to apologize for any disturbance in the morning due to renovations and as you know I love the new product and hope you do as well. We are truly the most updated product in the Gaithersburg/Rockville area but my vision is always to be tops with service.

Rio Rancho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My wife and I discovered this oasis during a time when Hurricane Irene was attemtping her desire to create distruction in the Washington DC area. I never expected to enjoy the pleasure of such a wonderful staff that took care of our every needs for the month we stayed. Phil and Anthony always made us feel like a very welcomed guest in their home. They were always ready to make sure that anything we needed was taken care of and their professionalism was superior in every detail.

If we encountered any problems, the staff of Housekeeping, Maintenance and Kitchen made things happen, even if it meant coming in on the weekend to fix a problem.

Room Tip: You will find any room to be quite and relaxing.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Shadow14,

We at the Hyatt house certainly time pride in making sure we are your home away from home. Phil is our resident concierge also know as Mr. DC, he knows the area extremely well and guests such as yourself love him. I also can't say enough positive things about Anthony as he is a dream to have as a manager on this team. I am glad we were your "oasis" in a terrible storm and we look forward to having you back under brighter skies.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

This place offers free breakfast daily with changing menus. The evening manager's reception (Mon - Thur) also have changing menus with various appetizers from pizza to chicken wings. Oh, beer and wine are also free at the manager's recepition. The only down side of this 3-store building is that there is no elevator. But it is manageable. You can always ask for a room on the first floor if you have a lot of luggages. One other benefit is the hotel shuttle bus takes you to Metra station or anywhere within 5 miles. Overall, this place offers a good value.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Bwang20874,

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hyatt house. Managers reception seems to be a favorite amongst travelers such as yourself and I can understand why. Complimentary beer and wine after a long day at work and appetizers that you can also enjoy before dinner. We have gone through a complete room renovation to enhance the value even more.

Sonoma County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

The location was within easy drive to the main highways I needed to commute on, to get to & from Bethesda each day. My room was very spacious, clean, newer and comfortable in every way. It was located on the third floor in this 3 story hotel. I enjoyed the fact that I could prepare my own food choices in the kitchen within the suite...saving money on restaurant dining. The staff was very accommodating on many levels.
My building and others around were walk-ups. If one is handicapped one may choose a first floor unit, or speak to the reservationist for any other ways the hotel can accommodate your needs. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this spot to anyone!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Anandazone,

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel. We are certainly at a great location with proximity to major roadways but also in a great spot so you don't hear noise from the street. We have undergone a total room renovation upgrading the kitchen appliances to stainless steel in all of our guest rooms giving your already excellent room more pop! We look forward to having you stay at the hotel again in the near future.

Monza, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

large rooms, calm, nothing fancy but the worse was the bad smell in the first room I was given, I left my luggage out and asked for a change. The new one was better in terms of smell but I needed to leave the window open all day anyway not to smell it. The staff was friendly enough to actually walk me to the second room and asked me if that was okay. Breakfast is complimentary but could get "boring" if you are staying for long.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Chemdesables,

I am terribly sorry that first room you were given had a smell to it upon arriving at the hotel. I am glad that the hotel staff walked you to a new room to make sure that it was to your satisfaction. Our goal here at the hotel is not to be "average" as we thrive to not only meet your expectations but to exceed them as well. Breakfast at the hotel does have a rotational menu so that it does not get boring for any of our guests but I would love to hear any suggestions that you may have to make breakfast a better option for you and our other guests. Please feel free to contact me at 301-527-6000 to discuss your past stay as well as what we can do better than being an "average" hotel.

Dayton, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We were guests there for a week so we are certain that the accommodations and service were not just our good luck. Reading these other reviews confirm our impressions.

The minute we entered the lobby we were greeted by Anthony and made to feel not just as guests but friends too. The welcome was sustained throughout the week by Phillip and Shaune the G.M. Every time we passed through the lobby for an excellent, well rounded breakfast buffet, the evening "social" or just coming and going we felt "at home".

Two free services provided are parking and drop off and pick-up at the Shady Grove Metro Station a couple miles away. It sure facilitates visiting D.C.. Once again, not just a free service but drivers Mary and Ursula treated us like friends. The shuttle is not available on week-ends but Metro's lot is free on those days. These free services are valuable and should be considered when pricing other hotels.

The property's location is excellent. A couple blocks away is a supermarket AND nice liquor store.

Our rooms were modern, roomy and comfortable with a flat-screen and DVD player. Kitchen was complete. Some properties have a mini kitchen or kitchenette where this one has a real 4 burner, oven and real usable refrigerator. You can cook a "full on" anything. Housekeeping was consistently thorough yet transparent.

We were on the road for 40 days. Carson City, D.C. Myrtle Beach, Orlando, Pensacola, New Orleans, Phoenix. We stayed in motels, a condo, a hotel and another kitchened hotel. While more expensive, the later three can't compete with this Hyatt.

We have easily concluded that this Hyatt was the best by every relevant criteria we could think of.

Room Tip: ground floor if possible but shouldn't be a deal breaker.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaulI298
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Hi Paull298,

It was certainly a pleasure having you and your wife here at the hotel during your stay, as we ALL enjoyed hearing about your cross country trip. After each of us would talk to you we would run to another associate and almost live through your trip. Anthony and I were actually just talking about you and wondering how your trip down to South Carolina was to golf. I am glad to hear that your stay here went well as I know it was a pleasure having you as well. I love being able to walk in the lobby and hear the adventures of the day from guests, it is certainly one of the reasons that I LOVE working at this property!

Thank you again for the warm comments, I have shared your comments with the team during our daily Stand Up meeting and posted them to our Customer Service Board.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

The staff at the HYATT SUMMERFIELD GAITHERSBURG were possibly the friendliest I have encountered in all of my travels. Unfortunately, I did not take names, but they made my short stay extremely pleasant. My room (especially for the price of $134) was immense with a nice size living room and a full kitchen. The workout room was better than most with an entire set of dumbells and a small gymnasium. The complimentary happy hour food and drinks are a nice touch with a couple types of beers and wines along with "bar" type appetizers. My group and I took the hotel shuttle to the train stop that took us to Washingtn DC. The drivers were very friendly and informative and the hotel was only 5 mins from the station. I really reccommend this hotel if you are in MD or if you want to stay outside of DC and take the train to avoid traffic and parking woes.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Hi Silvifd,

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel! I have shared your comments with the Team here and I am certainly glad that you felt that our staff service was the best you have experienced in your travels. The "Social Hour" is also a favorite time of mine as I typically am able to meet with guests as they arrive to the hotel and unwind with a glass or wine or beer after a long day of work or touring the city. If you are planning a visit in the future please let me know so that I can welcome you to the hotel personally.

Shaune Johnson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gaithersburg/Washington, DC North
Comfort Inn Shady Grove
#3 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.5 of 5 stars 332 reviews
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!