“Deteriorating Seafood Restaurant” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Potomac, Maryland
“Deteriorating Seafood Restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

On Saturday, August 31, we went to the Red Lobster captioned above. My wife had the fish and chips and I had the Shrimp and Fish platter, Calamari and broccoli appetizer. The Fish and Chips were good. The rest of the food was very substandard, almost inedible and scarce. The lobster tank in the lobby of the restaurant had dead lobster in it on its back.

The Red Lobster Restaurant I am reviewing has been frequented by my family for the more than ten years. We have noticed that restaurant's quality has been patchy. I reported the same restaurant from a visit there in March.

The main theme is that the restaurant is in a steady decline. I don't know what kind of quality control you do across all your restaurants however if the quality of the restaurants in the chain are like the one in Gaithersburg then the prospects for Red Lobster are not encouraging.

• Visited August 2013

• Hungarian first
Montague
“Mixed Grill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Loved the sweet chili shrimp appetizer, but had to pay more than expected for a cup of soup and felt ripped off.

Visited July 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Good seafood at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went with friends to Red Lobster because we couldn't get reservations elsewhere. We were pleasantly surprised by the large portions of good food and the good service. The cheese biscuits were excellent and we got 2 baskets of them. My platter arrived with a good sized lobster tail, a skewer of shrimp plus shrimp scampi. I also got my choice of 2 side dishes. The lobster was good as I've tasted in far more expensive restaurants. The shrimp were good, also.
The only drawback was that we were seated in a very large room with noisy diners.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just your average run of the mill Red Lobster. There's quite a wait to get seated and they left me there for quite a while before I got service. Started feeling like it had to do with my color. Didn't leave a tip.

Visited June 2013
Potomac, Maryland
“good food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I liked the welcome you get when you walk in the door. Excellent friendly staff and great food, Good portions. Love Red :Lobster

Visited June 2012