“Good seafood at reasonable prices”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #167 of 339 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rockville, Maryland
“Good seafood at reasonable prices”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went with friends to Red Lobster because we couldn't get reservations elsewhere. We were pleasantly surprised by the large portions of good food and the good service. The cheese biscuits were excellent and we got 2 baskets of them. My platter arrived with a good sized lobster tail, a skewer of shrimp plus shrimp scampi. I also got my choice of 2 side dishes. The lobster was good as I've tasted in far more expensive restaurants. The shrimp were good, also.
The only drawback was that we were seated in a very large room with noisy diners.

• Visited June 2013

• Hungarian first
Houston, Texas
“Average”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just your average run of the mill Red Lobster. There's quite a wait to get seated and they left me there for quite a while before I got service. Started feeling like it had to do with my color. Didn't leave a tip.

Visited June 2013
Potomac, Maryland
“good food, great service”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I liked the welcome you get when you walk in the door. Excellent friendly staff and great food, Good portions. Love Red :Lobster

Visited June 2012
Silver Spring
“OK for the Price”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I went to the Red Lobster for dinner. We were told that the wait for a table would be 30 to 35 minutes. We were seated in 30 minutes. During our wait, I decided to stroll through the restaurant. I counted 18 empty tables. Im not sure why those tables werent filled. I suspect that they didnt have enough servers on hand to service them, or perhaps the kitchen was backed up, and they didnt want to add to the backup.

We wanted to try the "2 for $25 Special". The special gave us the legendary Red Lobster biscuits, a salad for each of us, a main course for each of us, and either an appetizer or a dessert to share. We chose to forego the appetizer, since we would be having salad and biscuits, and share a dessert instead. We chose the seafood pasta dish and the crispy shrimp dish, along with some soft drinks.. There were about 6 or 8 other main dishes on this special to choose from, but they didnt look very exciting.

The salads arrived in hot salad bowls, (yes, they were hot to the touch) causing the vegetables in the salad to be less than cold. Other than that, the salad was acceptable. The biscuits were, needless to say, fantastic, and we got more when we finished the first ones that arrived. There were about 8 main courses to choose from, but we decided on the ones above. They were very good, except that the seafood pasta wasnt very hot. (Too bad the food wasnt as hot as the salad bowls were.)

Both main courses were very tasty, but the seafood in the seafood pasta consisted of tiny shrimp, scallops, and also a few tiny mussels. Both dishes were plentiful. For dessert, we chose the pineapple upside down cake, which was surprisingly good. It was accompanied by one of the best vanilla ice creams I have ever had. It was large enough to give each of us a pretty good serving.

The service was acceptable, and we left there satisfied.

• Visited April 2013
Surprise, Arizona
“Service was Below Standards”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The four of us went to dine at Red Lobster. First, we had to wait 15 minutes. This is normal, but on a Monday night? We are finally seated in the bar. We are guided to a booth and stayed there even with the option to wait another 5 minutes or so for a table in the restaurant proper.

Once seated, we wait, wait for a waiter. He takes or drink orders and meal order at the same time and disappears. We wait, wait. We see him across the room 10 minutes later filling water glasses. He brings over a tray of salads with soup, 4 glasses of water, cocktails and two glasses of wine.

Sorry, I expect water right away. I am old fashioned. Once I ask for water, I want it. I want my cocktail next.

Okay, we eat our cold soup and salad. Evidently the soup sat somewhere for a while. The bar should have been renamed the nursery. Screaming kids and parents who could care less. Should have waited for table in the restaurant proper. Oh well.

Food comes. Anything else? My wife asks for tarter sauce and I ask for cocktail sauce. Wait, wait. Finally the manager lady comes over. We tell her. She goes to get some. Wait, wait. Waiter comes over. We tell him we need tarter sauce and cocktail sauce. He goes away. Wait, wait, seriously another 10 minutes. He comes back with some. In the meanwhile, food is cooling off. Plate was not warm to begin the meal. Oh well. Cocktail is empty. Um, high profit item. BTW, waiter did not know what a Cape Codder was. I had to explain and point it out to him on drink menu. By now I could use another drink.

So we eat our cold food. Wait some more for water refill. The manager lady takes our plates.

Food was not they great. I always say I can buy a lot of seafood for $50 and cook it a home. We often do, but we were out of town. The shrimp dish was tastety.

We eat dessert. Should have left a nickle for a tip,but I guess a dollar is an insult nowadays.

Bad night. Perhaps someone did not come to work.

• Visited March 2013