“Wood burning ovens!!”

Copper Canyon Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Copper Canyon Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 344 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Welcome to Copper Canyon Grill Restaurants where you’ll enjoy full flavored, fresh American cuisine served in a casual, energetic atmosphere.
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

On a recent stay in Gaithersburg Md this restaurant was a 5 minute walk from our hotel. They have a huge outdoor patio, unfortunately, it was a bit too cold at night to sit outside facing a beautiful lake.
I actually had one dinner and a few days later lunch at this restaurant.
At dinner there were 6 of us. We shared two appetizers - the guacamole and chips were delicious. We also had a fried calamari but they put some kind of sauce all over it and the breaking got soggy and gloppy.
My petit fillet was delicious and you could taste the burning wood flavor. I also opted to have it served without the sauce. The diner to my right had the filet with the sauce and very much disliked it. She felt it masked the delicious flavor of the meat. My husband had the ribs and chicken and says his dish was delicious. Others at the table said their meals were just ok. It was "national dessert day" and out hotel gave us a coupon for a free dessert . We were all full but decided to split one piece of key lime pie. To their credit, it was nit artificial dark green and actually quite delicious! Worth the splurge!
At lunch a few days later my friend and I both had salads- hers with salmon and mine with roast beef. The salads were huge and served with a very generous wedge of delicious corn bread. Also had corn bread croutons which were crunchy and delicious.
Enjoyed lunch more than dinner!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Food always good. Most recent trip had meatloaf for first time in a decade and it was excellent. Wife always get's steak salad. You can call ahead to get your name on list. Valet service great due to parking shortage.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Have been here several times over the past few years w friends and family. Consistently good is why we keep coming back. From ahi tuna salad to bone in roasted chicken to good sandwhiches and burgers. Something for everyone. Wait staff is friendly and waits on weekends to be expected. But the Rio area is a great place to walk with shops and large path w lake. You pay more for dinner than lunch. But worth it. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Have been here several times in small and large groups (2-9). You have to try the roast chicken! Everyone was pleased with their entrees. A bit on the pricey side, but so are many of the other restaurants. Its an expensive area. Servers were very attentive! Will be back when I am in the area again. Might be a tad bit loud for a business or romantic evening.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Because we didn't know the area, we picked this restaurant off Google Maps and through tripadvisor ratings. We met some friends for dinner while on a trip.

The place was crowded on a Saturday night, so we had to wait about 10 minutes for a table. We thought that was quick. It was raining, so the fire pit outside was a nice touch.

Our server was prompt and attentive. The food came in good timing. And, the food was amazing. I had the crab cakes and prime rib. We could not make up our minds so two of us split our dinners with each other.

So, here are the inconveniences: 1) Finding a parking space was near to impossible. The restaurant is located in an upscale shopping district with no parking of its own. 2) I have to agree about the high prices that others have mentioned. and 3) The acoustics are terrible for holding conversations within your own party. We found ourselves having to raise our voices and repeat things often. I cannot imagine what people with slight hearing loss would go through.

Overall, we had a good experience. However, if I lived close to the restaurant, I do not think it would be on my list of regular places.