“Except decent pizza and awful service”
Review of Coal Fire Pizza

Coal Fire Pizza
Ranked #38 of 335 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
“Except decent pizza and awful service”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I went here with a friend of mine just us two. Our server forgot to give us straws for our drink. We didn't wait long for our food but I ordered the personal 9 in pizza and they forgot to put pepperoni on it like I had ordered. How did they fix it? They literally just brought me them in a small plastic cup, I guess for me to put on top of the pizza myself. Our server then tried to say I never told her I wanted pepperoni. Sure. Anyways, it's a good place for a quick lunch but don't expect them to take good care of you the way you'd like.

• Visited June 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious Pizza”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoy the sweet sauce of their "regular pizza." Been there a few times. When you dine in the food is a bit warmer. Suggestion: If you ask for takeout remind them that the pizza needs to be "hot." as we have been unpleasantly surprised when we ate it cold. Otherwise, worth the trip.

• Visited February 2013
Germantown, Maryland
“Really tasty pizza!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have eaten here multiple times and every time we comment how enjoyable the pizzas are! My personal favorite is the Ring of Fire - it is the best blend of sweet and heat which is really an outstanding pizza! The service is average, on par with most chain / family restaurants.
Probably my only knock is the pizza peels they put on the stand in the middle of the table. Because its the actual wooden peel it has a long handle and when you have multiple pizzas on the table, they take up more space than they should. I was sitting in the middle of a 6 person table and the server never offered to refill my water because it was hidden under the peels. The quality of the pizza makes this minor inconvenience easy to tolerate! We will be back soon!!

• Visited March 2013
Washington D.C.
“My 16 year old daughters favorite place”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great pizza, Nice quiet atmosphere. Good wine selection. Great service. One ofthe best choices in the Kentlands

Visited January 2012
Vero Beach, Florida
“Very good thin crust pizza”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you like thin crust, this may be your place. Excellent flavor and toppings, and as their slogan says "charred to perfection." Definitely give this place a try if you are in the area. Best to go for lunch, it's hectic and somewhat disorganized later in the evening. Seating may be an issue. Best for groups of 4 or less. We had 7 in our party and it was a challenge to get us seated. But these are minor complaints, the food is very good. Give the Coal Fire salad a try.

• Visited November 2012