“Excellent pakistani food.”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Persian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 8, 2013

First of all I would like to make a point. This restaurant serves Pakistani food, not Middle -Eastern., as Pakistan is NOT in the Middle East.

For more than 4 years, I have been catering all my parties with this amazing food.
The meat samosas are the best in the Metro DC, the chicken tikka kebab is red, very appetizing and not too spicy, and the lamb kebab melts in your mouth!...

Many times eating goat curry in other places I wished I didn't have to deal with the sharp, jagged goat bones and pick them out of my mouth with every bite...my dream came true at the Silver Spoon, since they start serving the bonless goat curry...this is sometimes too salty, but the curry spice mix is to die for..

I would like the Nehari to come bone in...otherwise it is buttery, soft and velvety. (Nehari is a slow cooked beef or veal shank, a Pakistani version of the osso bucco, if you like).

An exceptional culinary experience 5/5 rating.

2  Thank dr_austin

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had been wanting to try an "authentic" giro for a long time, and something about the store front said that this is not just another Middle Eastern place. I was right! When I entered, I was immediately greeted by a young man, asking if he could help me. I asked him some questions about the food, which he explained quite easily. I then ordered a giro. He asked me if I wanted french fries and I said, "not really" (I really didn't want the calories). He said, sure, no problem.
10 minutes later, out came my homemad giro. The flaveor was great, and it was plenty to eat. Everyone I had contact with (the young man, who I belive was the owner's son), and the owner himself, could not have been nicer. I'll definitely return w/ some friends of mine.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

5 of Us wanted to eat the Indian/Pakistani food and we checked the tripadvisor and read the mixed reviews, We decided to check this out by ourselves. We walked in a crowded dining hall and helped ourselves to be seated. To our Surprise, with in five minutes a friendly face with welcoming smile showed up, Helped us to go through the Menu and suggested us few things.
We Ordered Seekh Kabaabs, Chicken Karahi, Goat Biryani, Mango Lassi and Palak Gosht and we weren't expecting that food will be out in short time but food was out in less than 20 minutes, Freshly made food and steam was coming out of it, when it was served. They gave us Mint Yogurt and fresh garden salad along with Tandoori Naans, Seekh Kabaabs were just great, nicely spiced and perfectly cooked and not too dry and placed an other order. Chicken Karahi was very tasty. Goat Biryani was awesome and Mango lassi was heavnly, Fresh Naans were so delicious .............. Plus the Service was fabulous. The came to our table and served us few things by himself and talked to us for few minuets, Its not that common.
Really a neat place.
We just loved it and will be back soon.

3  Thank DanShaw1030
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I saw this place had a bunch of mixed reviews and we were coming in from out of town so didn't know where to go. We liked the price as our trael budget was thin anyway and since it was a buffet, the kids could have choices and we weren't stuck eating mcdonalds (again). When we got there it looked like almost nothing and we stepped back outside to double check the sign to make sure we walked in the right door. No customers, just a person behind the counter. We went back in (although that was our first mistake) and it smelled delicious so we decided to not judge a book by its cover and give it a shot. You have heard of the saying about a dog that his bark is worse than his bite? Well here the smell was was better than the taste. Flavor wise the food was either over spiced, had little hard bits in it that I have to assume were bones from the chicken, and overall this was not a good experience. I would recommend families looking for buffets go to other places if you want your meal to be nice.

3  Thank austin T
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I can't understand how this could be the best restaurant in Gaithersburg. Maybe the best of a certain ethic group but not for the majority of people. The food was adequate. The price was fair.

1  Thank sisflynn