No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our meals were very good and our waitress great but very busy. Watching the staff as we were dining, We noticed that between attending to their tables, getting food from the kitchen and fetching drinks from the bar the wait staff was ricocheting all over the restaurant. Not sure what the solution to this problem would be but management should look in to it.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

If putting zero stars was an option, i would do it in a heartbeat. Me and my family went there on a Friday night, around 7:30. There was no wait time, and we were seated rather quickly. Upon being seated, we began to browse the menu, and my husband and I decided on ordering a bottle of wine. When our waitress arrived, she asked for our ID's. Mind you, my husband and I are 40+ years of age, and we have children that are 20 and 17 years old who accompanied us. I, unfortunately, was in a car accident several years ago and therefore do not have a current driver's liscense, but I do have one from before the accident. Yet, our waitress refused to serve any alcholic beverage due to the fact that my liscense was not "current". She also asked if I had my passport, which I found quite idiotic. The average person brings their passport when they are traveling, not eating in a local restaurant. In addition, In my logic, one's birthday does not change when a liscence is renewed. Furthermore, my husband, who's age is quite similar to mine, was not asked for an ID. We requested for the Manager, who also said it "a company policy" to check EVERYONE'S ID. Strangely, two weeks ago my husband and I were NOT asked for ID's, and we were WITHOUT our children. We then went on to talk to the General Manager, who stated rather rudely that their policy is stricter than most restaurants.

We have been gong to MG for over 15 years, as we live very close by. This is the first time EVER that I have been asked for my ID, and then refused to be served because it is a couple of years old. I will never be coming back to this place again, and I advise for those of you who don't drive to bring your passport!

1  Thank johnlI5655RV
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Was there for lunch on one trip and had such a great experience, went back for dinner. Everything from the appetizers ((loved the goat cheese peppadews!) to the wine, bread and our dinner was served with a smile and the food was delish! Very happy and will be back!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The wife and I decided last minute to grab a bite to eat at the Macaroni grill at 211 Rio Blvd In Gaithersburg MD, WORST MISTAKE EVER!!!! There were a total of 15 guest but it took 4 minutes to notice the wife and i standing at hostess station, of 17 tables in our section 10 were full of dirty plates and needed to be cleared when we left 37 minutes later, there were 14 tables that needed to be cleared. I received one drink when I sat down and was never offered another one, the water was from the tap, the food was far below Macaroni Grill Standards. We never saw a manager. I usually end a review by saying I would or would not eat here again... So I WILL CERTAINLY NEVER EAT HERE AGAIN! Trust me on this. In Fact, we may never eat at Macaroni Grill ever again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

A decent restaurant in a decent shopping area. Reasonable decent meals, but nothing special. Same as any of the others in the chain.