“Convenient, friendly and quiet” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Newport, Kentucky
“Convenient, friendly and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Washington, DC. It was an easy thirty minute commute to downtown attractions. The hotel is convenient to an outdoor mall with restaurants and a Target. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. My family (seven including three grand-children) enjoyed the three night stay immensely.

Room Tip: First floor, end of hallway rooms were very quiet.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your response. The staff at the Gaithersburg Springhill Suites loves seeing families unite. We do have a great hotel for families who come to the area. The Washingtonian Center offers many things for all members to enjoy. We hope that the next time you and your family meet it will be at the Gaithersburg Springhill Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dulles, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We like to stay in Marriott brand hotels when we travel because they are consistent no matter where we go and this was no exception. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was standard hotel fair. One day we ate at 8:00 and they could not handle the number of people wishing to eat at that time. Staff could not replenish things fast enough. Eating at 7:00 other days was fine. Only 3 miles from the red metro line and then a 30 minute ride into D.C. Many places to eat within a short drive, although not anything right by the hotel. Front desk staff was professional but not at all personable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We thought it would be easier to get into DC (fully expecting a 45 min metro ride) based on a phone conversation with the front desk, but it was not. However, if you have a car (we did) you can drive to the metro station. The bonus was the shopping area within walking distance to the hotel had many shops and restaurants of various prices and styles. If you want the pool, note that it is only open at night. The property shows its age but is very clean.

1 Thank kathyg2010
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights whilst touring around. A good central location with easy access to all main arteries. Rooms were well kept and was quiet. Enjoyed the standard layout of buffet breakfast with all choices well stocked whenever time you came. Would stay there again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just wrapping up a 4 night stay from March 11-15th. It has been a pleasant time. Before I start, let me say that all hotels should provide free parking, coffee and toast, and some type of whirlpool, pool, or sauna. I never stay at places that don't offer these amenities. The welcome was great. When I asked for a more reasonable rate, because I was staying 4 nights, I got one. Was it the best rate? No. I feel that the $169 rate that I had to pay was ridiculously high for the 3 star quality of this hotel. I was told it had corporate rates since it was in a corporate area, and I was not staying on a weekend which would be cheaper. However, I decided to just look for something with a better rate the next time. The hotel is newer and well kept. Indoors and out was very clean and presentable. Room was a suite with 2 queen beds, Loveseat and chair, work desk, small kitchen area. Bathroom had toilet and tub/shower, sink was separate and outside from the shower. Not a lot of counter space on the sink, but it was okay. Beds were firm and pillowtop comfortable. The light in the tub area went out one morning and was changed by evening without me making a report about it(kudos to housekeeping for taking care of the problem.) The TV was flatscreen and had the usual cable channels. You could not see it from the sofa or chair. Had to lay on the bed to watch it. The breakfast provided was typical of these hotels. I agree with other poster about the sausage(yuk). Every morning I had eggs, yogurt, coffee, and bagel with cream cheese. These were excellent. Every evening I used the pool and whirlpool. This area was never crowded. One night 4 children for 30 minutes. Another night a dad and his son. Very relaxing warm pool water and hot whirlpool. Loved them both. Lifeguard on duty was an odd thing for me to see. In Indiana, hotels don't provide them, but Maryland and Virginia both seem to. I did not use the workout room, but I did look in. It had free weights, 2 treadmills, cycle, eliptical. Looked new and well kept. I had asked for a quiet room(I live on a farm out in the boonies where it is silent at night) and I got one on the 6th floor, away from the highway. I slept great every night, not hearing anything. My only complaint would be the prices charged, both room rate and the small snack shop. 20 ounce pepsi was $2.75. I only had 2 in 4 days. If the room rate had been $105-$130 per night, I would have been a happy camper and likely to return. They could have given me this rate if they wanted to, but I guess they don't need to count on repeat family customers for their business, when they have corporations who will pay the top rate. If you are looking for a good rate, check out the Manassas, VA area. Gaithersburg is a nice place, but won't be back.

Room Tip: Rooms away from 270 are quietest. Higher up are quieter than lower.
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Springhill Suites. Thank you for all of your positive and specific comments. Our pricing tiers are competitive within our area, and we are glad to have been able to offer you the discount we had available at that time. We appreciate the time our guests take to help us improve our business.

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is very reasonably priced and clean. We spent A LOT of time waiting for the elevator (had a knee injury or would have opted for the steps). Only one was operational and was used by cleaning staff and guests - - during peak checkout it took at least 10 minutes. The breakfast service was unusual for a SpringHill Suites. By 8:45 they ran out of nearly everything except oatmeal. When several people asked for more cereal, they were told there was no more. Interestingly about 20 minutes later someone "found" more of just about everything and brought it out.

• 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your comments on the Springhill Suites. We do apologize for the inconvenience of the out of service elevator, it was a mechanical issue and has since been corrected. We have recorded your feedback regarding breakfast and will use it to improve the overall experience for our future guests.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had two connecting rooms for one night so that our daughter could have a sleepover with friends to celebrate her birthday and enjoy the indoor pool. Overall our experience was positive, the room was clean and spacious enough, with small fridge and microwave oven. we brought sodas and water, and had pizza delivered in. Each room had a large flat panel tv and free wifi.

conveniently located very close to shopping centers and restaurants but tucked away enough that it was quiet.

Staff was friendly and accomodating.

the only negative is the free breakfast. food was really not that good. the pastries did not taste fresh, very few selections, pancakes had no flavor, and the eggs were dry and really didn't taste like eggs. That only the thing that was passable were the boxed cereals. I ended up going to the krispy kreme (only a mile away!) and getting donuts for breakfast. I would suggest that the hotel make a small investment in 2 or 3 waffle makers where you can make freshly made waffles, and offering freshly made eggs and/or bacon or sausage. improve the selection of pastries. I'm not expecting a four-star gourmet meal but providing a good breakfast wouldn't take a lot of extra effort and the food that was offered reflected negatively on what otherwise was a good overnight experience.

I would have given this a "very good" rating otherwise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay overall. Our complimentary breakfast buffet is in the process of being completely revamped for the Springhill Suites brand. We would like to invite you back to stay with us again in the future. Thank you for choosing our Gaithersburg Springhill for your special celebration,

Ginger Bash
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
#7 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.0 of 5 stars 384 reviews

Been to SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!