“Comfortable and reasonably convenient” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg

SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Olympia, Washington
“Comfortable and reasonably convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I spent five nights at this hotel while in Gaithersburg on business. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. There was a nice desk to set up a laptop and spread out a file folder or two and the bar, sink and small refrigirator were also nice to have. I was pleased with the comfort of the beds, pillows and the quality of the televison. Wi-fi worked well and was free. The breakfast was ok and varied very little from day-to-day. There are an adequate number of nice resturants, shops and a movie theater about a half mile away. It was an easy walk and I felt safe. One issue is traffic noise. The rooms on the side facing the highway were predictably noisey. A few members of our group had to change rooms after a couple of nights. Fortunately I noticed the problem as soon as I walked in and the friendly staff at the front desk were able to place me in a different room. The hotel does not provide shuttle service to the metro or local airports so plan your travel in advance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposit the highway so you don't have to deal with the noise. I would stay there...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Only stayed one night and the only issue we had was with the heat/ac which was really noisy. It was difficult to get a goods night sleep and turning it off was not an option. Breakfast was ok, did not use the pool, but the mini-kitchen it always a plus even though we only used it to keep water cold. The room was larger than normal with a nice sitting area. We would stay here again but I would probably check first to see if the above- mentioned problem was addressed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here while playing weekend hockey games in Rockville, Maryland. The rooms were clean and spacious, and had free parking and free wi-fi. There was also breakfast included, and was good overall but the waffles were stale and some of the hot food was a bit cold. Also, like a lot of hotels I've stayed at, when the air conditioner kicked on it was really loud. Other than that, it was a good stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nockian
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel if you're looking for a larger than average room, decent breakfast, convenient location, at a good price. I always stay here when traveling to Gaithersburg for business, and the hotel is extremely convenient to GXS (across the parking lot).

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mkjava
rochester ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our GPS had a little trouble locating the property, but once we were there it was a good spot. My request for foam pillows was not honored so I was a bit disappointed in that. The room was a good size and I appreciated the turkey sausage, eggs, and cereal options for breakfast. We arrived late, so a light dinner at the nearby Corner Bakery Cafe was convenient for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mykidsm0m
Etters, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here on a short weekend trip to see the sights in Washington, D.C. We usually always stay at Marriott properties, and we are glad we chose this one. Not only did it have easy access to the Shady Grove Metro stop, but it was very close to shopping and dining in the other direction. We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed the jacuzzi spa and the breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable and we anticipate staying here or other properties in the future. The only down side was that I forgot to ask for foam pillows.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Penlady
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We spent one night while on the road between NC and NY. The hotel was conveniently located just off I270. It was far enough north of DC that we were able to miss morning traffic when continuing north on I270. The room was very clean and spacious. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds that I have ever slept on. I would definitely stay again and recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank road_trip037
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center
#7 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.0 of 5 stars 387 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gaithersburg/Washington, DC North
Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center

Been to SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!