“Overall a good experience.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg

SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
“Overall a good experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Only stayed one night and the only issue we had was with the heat/ac which was really noisy. It was difficult to get a goods night sleep and turning it off was not an option. Breakfast was ok, did not use the pool, but the mini-kitchen it always a plus even though we only used it to keep water cold. The room was larger than normal with a nice sitting area. We would stay here again but I would probably check first to see if the above- mentioned problem was addressed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here while playing weekend hockey games in Rockville, Maryland. The rooms were clean and spacious, and had free parking and free wi-fi. There was also breakfast included, and was good overall but the waffles were stale and some of the hot food was a bit cold. Also, like a lot of hotels I've stayed at, when the air conditioner kicked on it was really loud. Other than that, it was a good stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Nockian
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel if you're looking for a larger than average room, decent breakfast, convenient location, at a good price. I always stay here when traveling to Gaithersburg for business, and the hotel is extremely convenient to GXS (across the parking lot).

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mkjava
rochester ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our GPS had a little trouble locating the property, but once we were there it was a good spot. My request for foam pillows was not honored so I was a bit disappointed in that. The room was a good size and I appreciated the turkey sausage, eggs, and cereal options for breakfast. We arrived late, so a light dinner at the nearby Corner Bakery Cafe was convenient for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank mykidsm0m
Etters, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here on a short weekend trip to see the sights in Washington, D.C. We usually always stay at Marriott properties, and we are glad we chose this one. Not only did it have easy access to the Shady Grove Metro stop, but it was very close to shopping and dining in the other direction. We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed the jacuzzi spa and the breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable and we anticipate staying here or other properties in the future. The only down side was that I forgot to ask for foam pillows.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Penlady
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We spent one night while on the road between NC and NY. The hotel was conveniently located just off I270. It was far enough north of DC that we were able to miss morning traffic when continuing north on I270. The room was very clean and spacious. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds that I have ever slept on. I would definitely stay again and recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank road_trip037
Bergen Co., New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My 13 year-old son and I stayed for an overnight before a local soccer game. This is an attractive hotel in a business section of Gaithersburg. The staff was pleasant and check-in was easy, although I was a little disappointed to have to ask for the $25.00 AMEX gift-card (part of the very attractive rate package) at check-out, rather than it just being handed over.

The room was spacious and wi-fi hookup effortless, if not particularly fast. There was a large hi-def television and two room bathroom with a huge king-size bed and pullout queen bed.

Breakfast, dominated by a few soccer players and a lacrosse team, was somewhat chaotic, but not overly so and the food (fine) was replenished quickly and there were no backups.

For the price and services rendered, I have found that SpringHill Suites rarely disappoint and I would not think twice about staying here again if the need arises. It more than met my expectations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank World17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center
#7 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.0 of 5 stars 387 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gaithersburg/Washington, DC North
Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center

Been to SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!