“Yummy”

Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 346 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

It's my go place for Carne Asada! If you go on the weekends, make sure you call ahead, as there is always a waiting line, it gets packed. I would like for the food to be more consistent, as sometimes my steak doesn't have the "trademark" flavor that I go there for.. or the steak is not as tender as usual. I also love the guacamole service.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place can get really loud inside, there is outside seating available. The food was great, LOVE the salsa and chips! Our server was MIA most of the time, really didn't seem interested in providing any level of customer service.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant more than a dozen times and have always enjoyed the food and my kids love it. This time however we witnessed a mouse running across the dining room into the bathroom and back again. I know it's a constant battle for restaurants to deal with but when you can visibly see them, it's a big problem. We calmly and quietly alerted our waiter who seemed not surprised and indicated he would inform the manager. manager never came to our table to address the issue or to apologize or act concerned. But they did offer free dessert....thanks but no thanks. I read another review that indicated the place could use a good cleaning and it seems they have rested on their seemingly successful run at this location. Too bad, it was an easy go to place for my family. Not so sure anymore.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Friday night and Rio is packed, there is going to be a long wait. Call ahead, check in, and go look around for awhile and it's not too bad (note: you can't call ahead if you want to sit outside, so plan on doing a little more walking).

Our waiter (Jose) could not have been more polite, prompt, courteous and accommodating, he gets 5*. The food was delicious, the fresh guacamole and super thin tasty chips started us off well and then fajitas for all. A nice night had by all.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have eaten here several times. The food is quite good and the service is the same. They have all that you'd expect at a Tex Mex restaurant, including some delicious fish tacos and ceviche. We have eaten inside and outside, and I recommend outside just because it's quieter. The inside is more lively but also louder. It's a little pricey - nachos are $9.99 w/out meat.