“Best of the Best”
Review of Restaurant 213

Restaurant 213
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 213 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 9 Restaurants in Fruitland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Jim Hughes can deliver the bacon. His use of ingredients is masterful. For a unique dining experience don't walk, run to Restaurant 213.

2  Thank smhearne

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I've lived in the area for quite some time, but never visited Restaurant 213 until now and I wish I had gone sooner. It's all about the experience at this restaurant from the small cup of sipping soup served at the beginning of the meal to the sorbet served just before the main course (all complimentary of course!). They even provide every table with a complimentary to-go bag with fresh breakfast scones for the next morning - such a fine touch!

There were few tables when we arrived, only one to speak of, but the atmosphere is quite inviting. The attention to detail is high, especially with the presentation of the food. The menu is the perfect size, not too few or too many choices, and of course it is complimented with the chef specialties of the day. The only thing I suggest is that when the kitchen is out of something, that the waitstaff be knowledgeable, and inform us when we order rather than going back to the kitchen. With so few tables, I don't think this should be difficult for the servers.

The taste of the food was outstanding, very flavorful, top notch for gourmet cuisine. My boyfriend's steak was however unevenly cooked - rare in some places and med well in others. The staff was very apologetic and took the steak back right away to fix it. I had the Rockfish 213, and it was amazing - some of the best blanc sauce I've ever had. The portion sizes are more than we expected - having been to similar fine dining restaurants. Some of the appetizers and desserts are big enough to share.

Restaurant 213 is a must for anyone living in the area and has a love for fine dining and a romantic atmosphere. I hear they have a 5 course pre fixe menu on Sunday's and Thursday's, which considering the price we paid for just 3 courses, sounds like a great deal! We'll definitely try to return on one of these days!

2  Thank Alasassy
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Another fantastic meal at Jim Hughes’ Restaurant 213. Tonight was one of his signature wine dinners featuring central California coast wines. A five course gourmet meal fit for a king. Chef Hughes, a Master Chef, and James Beard recipient, yet again outdid himself. I started with a gin martini, as always perfectly mixed, and the only negative of the evening, he was out of Hendrich’s, so I had to make do with Bombay Saphirre. First course was a “jimmychanga” made with lobster and Santa Barbara shrimp. Paired with a Chandon Blanc de noir wine, yum!! Next up a mesclun salad paired with Sterling sauvignon blanc, very nice. The entrée was a scotch salmon, pure hedonism. Jim described the sauce as cream, scallions, and more cream, fantastic decadence. The salmon was melt in your melt delish. Paired with a wonderful Acacia pinot. Final course was flourless chocolate cake with chocolate coated figs. All good, but what really set it off was the Newton Claret 2009, out of this world flavor fusions. All of the above, plus Jim Hughes’ color commentary made for a fantastic culinarily epic experience!

2  Thank CulinarySnob
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This used to be a decent place to eat. However, times have changed! Now when you walk in the door, you are greeted with the awful smell of raw sewage!! Unfortunately we had a $100 gift certificate to use and had heard rumors of it going under, or we would have left. When we tried to order wine, they were OUT of most all of our requests. Upon deciding on a cocktail (since the wine cellar was apparently void) it took more than 20 minutes for it to appear. Dinner was good - just ask the pompous and rude owner who routinely slams other Salisbury eateries. I think I will be spending my money elsewhere!

2  Thank bkkandtwk
Reviewed August 21, 2011

A while back I saw a review in Coastal Living for Restaurant 213 and made a note to check it out. On the last day of our vacation, my wife and I decided to drop in a give it a try. They say first impressions are everything, but in the case of Restaurant 213, this doesn't apply. It is nestled between a laundry mat and a billboard...but the gas lamps at the entrance provide a taste of what is to come. The place is small and intimate and tastefully decorated. Since we went for an early Sunday night dinner, we had the option of ordering off the menu or selecting the 5 course prix fixe menu - $35 per person with an option for a flight of wines paired with our selections for an additional $15 each. My wife and I decided for the prix fixe - what a good call. We started with the oysters and a roasted red pepper soup - both were excellent and full of flavor. For our main courses we chose the Rockfish 213 and the Steak Au Poivre. Both were excellent - great sauces on both. Dessert was the Flourless Chocolate Cake and Creme Brulee. We couldn't finish it all. The service was excellent as was the overall dining experience. If you are a foodie, I recommend you stop in - you will not be disappointed. Restauraunt 213 - definitely worth the trip!

3  Thank Terpsfan999

Been to Restaurant 213? Share your experiences!