“Best Seafood!”

Hen House Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Frostburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Keyser
“Best Seafood!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

If quite different from the old Hen House in looks, but the food is first rate as it always was. I have never had bad food or service there. The Hen House is a great place to go with friends and family or larger groups. The seafood is fresh and as good as I eaten any where. The new building is well decorated with a lodge decor. It is warm and inviting.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kim999_12

Hagerstown, MD
“Best fried chicken!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

From the homemade soup to the good bread to the wonderful fried chicken, our dinners were plentiful, hot, and DE-licious! We'll be back.

Visited March 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic! So much free stuff it's amazing.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you go now it's definitely not the Hen House of "old" that the locals grew up with. That being said it's still pretty great.

Yeah the food has gotten a little more pricey and yeah maybe it's gone down in quality a notch but it's still awesome. It's locally known for it's fried chicken, ribs, and crabs.

So you go in and order your meal. You get as much bread, chicken noodle soup, and salad as you want. I don't like ranch dressing that much but it's made in house and probably the best I've ever had.

The service has always been friendly and attentive.

Go in the summer if you can, The Hen House has great outdoor seating and the area surrounding it is beautiful. Plus they have all-you-can-eat crabs, chicken, corn, and bread on Mondays I think I heard. Don't hold me to that.

If you trying to catch a future celebrity athlete I've also heard that the UMD and WVU athletes stop here when in transit after playing one another...

• Visited January 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“A lot has changed...”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Here is how I put it: When the they rebuilt after the fire it was like getting a new mom after a divorce, sure the new nom is pretty and young, but it's not Mom. The "old" Hen House had so much charm and history. As hard as they tried and as nice as a job they did rebuilding I believe it's impossible to recreate that charm. That being said, The food was as good as we remember, The combo was still there: a full center cut NY strip, a 1/2 rack of pork ribs ( I'm sure mine was 3/4 of a rack) and then BBQ chicken!! what a feast! The brothers are as nice as ever, working the dining room and taking their time to talk to everyone.
You won't be disappointed with this Western Maryland tradition.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mike G
Austin, Texas
“Best fried chicken we've had outside of Austin”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Hen House is famous for its chicken, and rightly so. We were given a recommendation by the owners of the B&B at which we stayed on a weekend GAP Trail ride, and we were not disappointed. Order 1/2 of what you think you will eat - the portions are so large that we could not finish our meal.

Oh, and about the title: if you're ever in Austin, TX, check out the fried chicken at Max's Wine Dive. So far, anyway, that's the best I've ever had. But Hen House is a very close second.

Visited August 2012

Been to Hen House Restaurant? Share your experiences!