“Great Casual Dining Restaurant”

Sand Springs Saloon and Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Frostburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I love Sand Springs. The food is great and the atmosphere is very welcoming. They have a wonderful selection on their Menus and a great choice in beers. I would suggest their Wings, Sweet Hot, Salon Special Salad,Turkey Club or Chicken Ranchero Wrap. Only con is the wait can be long as this is a very popular location and the service can be hit or miss. It is nothing to discourage you from trying as we go at least once every week.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The wait was long, but we found a seat at the sports bar side while we waited and looked over the menu. My husband and son wanted to watch hockey to which they changed the channel no problem. When finally seated, they originally found us a seat on the other side, but when asked, found us a table in the sports bar. The food came out quickly and the food was delicious (my sirloin tips were a little greasy, but maybe that's the nature of what I ordered).

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to eat in Friostburg! Love the crab toast! Great meal every time. There is always something delicious to have. Great weastern atmosphere.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Started going to Sand Springs about 10 years ago, and it continues to expand in size and menu, but has always been a sound and enjoyable meal. It's got a saloon-y feel, and a fairly good-sized menu. Some good happy hour specials, and so many rooms that it'll take you half a dozen trips to try them all (an outside deck for the summer time!, which is the only time you can stand to be out there in Frostburg). It's a favorite among locals, and some of the college crowd from across town, so you know it's got a pretty broad range of appeal (historically, Townies and Students don't agree on much...like most college towns). Just went there Friday, sure I'll be back again within a month. Good times!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I always expect better when I think of the atmosphere and what it should be. It is OK, just not great. It is never a disaster, but I always leave disappointed in some way. I still go back, but haven't found a meal that I would order again. This time I tried the ribs, but was disappointed. It is a non-chain version of a typical Texas Roadhouse-type chain.