“Dont waste your time...other hotel are worth the money”

Quality Inn & Suites Frostburg
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Frostburg
Pikesville, Maryland
“Dont waste your time...other hotel are worth the money”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Very outdated (small issue). Paper thin walls and ceilings (small issue). I could hear everyones conversation next door and below my room. My (main issue) was the heat. I had an issue with the heat and notified the front desk. She answered with an attitude and advised to me I had to wait until 8am to speak to someone that will help, their was nothing she could do. Are you kidding me, I FROOZE all night, and she couldnt offer me another room. The next morning, I had to go downstairs to speak with a manager (she didnt even send the tech up or call me to advised she notified someone). Ofcourse this JEN girl was off (late shift). After explaining my issue with the general manager, he advised that he will send up a technician. The technician was polite and he easily fixed the problem. Apparently I turned the temperature too far to the right, Therfore the heat shuts off. WOW!, a note would have been helpful, for your historic system. The Manger told me he would take care of me at check out, but what do you know. I get home and my bill is actually higher. WTF!. I call the hotel, and he is on vacation/out of town. I refused to talk to any of his ignorant front desk employees because they obviously never learn customer service skills. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. ( ..they actually had the nerve to hike the prices for a homecoming weekend.) I will definitely pay more for better customer service somewhere else. Also, you might want to have an on call tech or employees that knows the basics to walk your guest through or assist with problems. I will speak no more...because I am starting to lose my COOL..And you send me a customer service survey LBAO.. How about you give your employee (Jen on the night shift the survey)?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fly G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Although there were no "major" issues, our recent stay reminded us of a trip to Oz with the miniature pillows, miniiature bath soap and minature breakfast items. Then there was the hospital environment: each guest hall was guarded with dual closed-woodened doors as if you were entering a hospital floor - close your eyes and the scent endorsed a surgical operating room.

The staff was consistantly friendly, however, considering for only a few dollars more and a few feet away is the Hampton Inn - which we would have chosen - but they did not have any vacancy.

Would we stayed at Days Inn again? Perhaps - but only if the Hampton is booked and/or Days offer a great discount!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn M
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I ised to live in Garrett County many years ago and still have family there - a wedding on 9/10/11 brought us back into the area. There are few choices for hotels in the Grantsville, Frostburg, Cumberland area but we decided on the Days Inn since it was also tied into the Wyndham rewards program.

The hotel itself is adequate - nothing fancy, but the staff is very helpful (early check-in) and accomodating. The breakfast food is pretty good but basic. The area was always attended to - clean and no dirty dishes on tables. One thing I would say is in need of upgrading is the PILLOWS. If you have the opportunity - take your own. The ones in use are not to standard (flat - not fluffy).

Free Internet is always nice! Plenty of well-lit parking. All in all I can't RAVE about the Days Inn, but really nothing to complain about either. A good BASIC choice if in the area.

Room Tip: 1st floor, King size no-smoking is best (my opinion)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tresh20723
queen anne md
Reviewed April 14, 2011

rooms are very spacious,decor slightly older but very clean. i was a little concerned because their were a few reveiws that said the rooms were dirty ;but i didnt see that. front desk was very helpful with directions to college,places to eatand even let us stay a little longer in am without charge because our appt wasnt untill 12pm' also had okay continental breakfast. i did not see a pool if thats of interest to anyone ,but i wasnt really looking either, i will definetly stay here again especially if my son chooses college there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I was able to get a good deal by going through AAA (all other sites had no rooms available for the same hotel). I went for a preview at Frostburg State and it was very convenient only, about a 5 minute drive from the University. The room was much larger than I anticipated and having a microwave and refigerator was a big help. I had some trouble with the key cards, but the staff was great. Didn't try the breakfast because I was short on time, but there is a Pizza Hut, McDonald's and Burger King within a few minutes drive.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I stay here about once a month & have always found the staff to be friendly & helpful. The rooms are spacious & clean. There is a decent continental breakfast with the occasional hot item.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank verrine
Baltimore
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We were brought to this hotel in the middle of the night by a tow truck driver after we broke down on the interstate while traveling out of town. Not expecting too much, we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room. It was very large and comfortable. The front desk employees were very nice and accomodating, and went out of their way to be helpful. The breakfast wasn't the best (there was no hot food), but it was sufficient to hold you over until you could get a complete breakfast. No complaints.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frostburg
Hampton Inn Frostburg
#3 of 4 in Cumberland
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 2 in Grantsville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Frostburg? Share your experiences!