“Relaxing restaurant off the beaten path”

Savage River Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Frostburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Where wild game meets tempeh and everything in between, the Savage River Lodge offers seasonally changing menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner Saturday and Sunday and lunch and dinner Monday through Friday. Serving a variety of wild game, house-made pastas and other American classics in addition to their gluten free and vegetarian/vegan menus. Also offering a full bar with a Wine Spectator Award-winning wine list of 185+ varietals.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I stopped for a late lunch at Savage River. We were the only people in the restaurant and sat in the covered deck area where nature surrounds you. The crab dip appetizer was good (but not great; could use more chunks of crab and less sauce) and the cocktail selection is very good. My fish sandwich was good, although the fish was a bit bland. My husband loved the pork sandwich. Many of the food items can be prepared gluten free. Overall a very pleasant and relaxing lunch. We followed lunch with some hiking on the trails throughout the property. One word of warning, you must drive a few miles on a gravel road to reach the place.

1  Thank RHoop

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We both ordered a vegetarian meal, and it was fantastic. We weren't sure as sometimes we end up with just a lot of overcooked veggies. Our entrees were sophisticated and well prepared.

2  Thank KimberlySunset
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The restaurant is at the end of a single-lane 1.5 mile hard-pack dirt and gravel road which the waitress said was only passable in the winter by 4-wheel drive vehicles. We had no trouble in our rental car in the spring. The restaurant is on the first floor of this log-cabin hotel. The menu was varied and the dishes were all well-executed. My portion of lamb loin and lamb merguez with couscous was perfect, but a tad small, although I did not leave hungry. My wife had the duck breast with Medjool date compote which was superb. The wine list is excellent. We had the lavender creme brulee for dessert and it, too, was excellent.

If you leave after dark, be prepared to get a little lost getting back to the highway. GPS does not work here, and the landmarks that you are given are impossible to see in the dark.

3  Thank Alan E
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Went there with friends and had a Great time!!! Beautiful atmosphere! Worth the trip!! A truly unique experience! A big time restaurant in the middle of God's Country!! I love when the deer come in to feed next to the windows!

1  Thank Bernie N
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I found this place based on the recommendations on the website at our B&B. Although I was surprised that it was a little controversial that we didn't have reservations (The place was not full) they did seat us right away. The atmosphere was woodsy and cozy and fits right into the theme of the property (which are rental luxury cabins). One odd complaint I had was that the chairs were extremely uncomfortable, enough that I am commenting upon them a few days later. It seems like they may need to be refinished with some new padding. Apart from that we had a great dining experience. I ordered the meatloaf which was outstanding and my wife had the free range chicken which was also very good. If I lived in this area or visit again I would certainly visit this restaurant again.

1  Thank fattymcbutterpants19