“Beautiful views and nice Casino”

Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Manassas, Virginia
“Beautiful views and nice Casino”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had a king bedroom in this updated lodge on the 5th floor overlooking the golf course (nice and quiet, even though the hotel was fully occupied) - I'd recommend the higher floors for the view. Lunch at Signatures gave us a great view of the lake - friendly service - food was OK. The breakfast buffet had lots of choices, but was just OK - best choice was create your own omelets. Casino is cozier than those in AC or Vegas, with 3 and 4 card poker, Pai Gao, , Blackjack and lots of slot machines (some with sense-chairs). Our only real complaint is how they configure the Texas Hold'em tables - one table is the "main" table, one is the 2nd table. Even though the 2nd table had open spaces, I had to wait for someone from the main table to move to the 2nd table (each player is asked, from the first player who came to the table to the last one, and this can lead to waits to enter from a few minutes to an hour. I'm not clear on why this practice is, but this rotation moved to my husband, playing at the main table for all of 10 minutes, who was asked to fill a spot on the 2nd table, then had to wait 20 min while they found a dealer for the 2nd table. Just a crazy practice. Also, due to the afternoon sun angle, a few of the Hold'em table spots are blinded by the sun, so needed to leave our play then as well.

Room Tip: High floors, and more expensive lake views
2 Thank TwinkleTravler
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our Director of Gaming. I hope you will return again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The resort is located at the beautiful lake, great scenery. The resort facilities allow all family members to enjoy the trip. Many facilities for every age group.
Also, the casino is very nice as well. I was surprised the availibility of tha table games and slot machines.
If they had babysitting services, that would be even better...

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms have great views of the lake.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank triptrop620
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for visiting Rocky Gap! I hope you will return again soon!
MD
Reviewed July 6, 2014

All things considered this is a nice place to stay. The staff do not go out of their way, but I did not encounter any particular problems during my stay. The resort sits on a lake with a spectacular view of the lake and mountains. The rooms are spacious; modern; and comfortable. There is plenty of seating right next to the lake which is really nice and provides for hours of relaxation or just dipping your feet in the lake. You can rent boats right from the pier at the resort. Very nice indoor/outdoor pool (one of those pools where you can swim from inside to outside). I was traveling for work, but decided to take my family along. They liked the resort, but did not like the food at the LB's restaurant. I must agree that the food and service left a lot to be desired. Munchies the pub, pleased with good bar food and service.
I was not wowed, but all and all, I liked the place and would go back. We hit the casino, it was average as well, but had a good variety of slots for a small casino.

Room Tip: Definitely go with the lakeside view. . .beautiful!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AugusteTravel
Thank you so much for your feedback. I hope you will visit us again soon.
Woodbine
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We began visiting this resort approximately 1 year ago and it has done nothing but IMPROVE since that time. The casino is rather small (I would suggest enlarging it and adding different kinds of slots) but I feel very comfortable in it. I've looked over a number of other reviews of this resort on TripAdvisor and cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would criticize the FOOD - it is delicious - especially that which is on both the breakfast and dinner buffets - and, trust me, we've eaten at a lot of buffets - even in Vegas - this buffet compares well with all of them. The rooms are normally clean, comfortable, and larger than the norm. But, without a doubt, the most outstanding part of our stays at this resort is the staff - they are helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and super. From the valet "parkers" to the wait staff in the restaurants, to the Front Desk, you cannot beat them in any hotel/casino that I've be in. I have had only one negative experience and I solved that issue by simply not tipping that member of the staff - issue taken care of - and he understood exactly why I did it! These people absolutely go out of their way to make your stay exemplary!

Room Tip: It could just be my imagination, but the rooms with a golf course view seem to be a bit larger than...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about our resort and staff! I hope you will continue to visit Rocky Gap!
Davidsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Enjoyable all around, Great staff. Drinks are a little pricey!! Rooms clean and perpared by a friendly staff. Gambling staff were always around if you had a question. Waitress were friendly and and fast. It is close a lot better then driving 4-5 hours Enjoyed!!

Room Tip: LAKE SIDE VIEW are a nice setting
1 Thank william david m
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us!
central Illinois
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel itself is nice, rooms comfortable the gambling areas aren't smokey and the surrounding grounds provide a lot of activities. However, for the cost of a nights stay at about $300 the food was atrocious. At the buffet they had mashed potatoes but no gravy. The mashed potatoes were worse than flake potatoes looks like they forgot the cream, very watery. The other options were very limited when compared to similar resorts. We ate our second meal at the bar and we both had burgers those were much better. However, from the somments I heard at the counter when checking in the condemnation of the buffet was pretty much universal. The hotel physical plant and grounds are a 4 but with the food issues and cost it drops to a 3.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank chriscentralIllinois
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience at Rocky Gap. Please contact us at info@rockygapcasino.com, so we may address your concerns on a more personal level. Thank you.
ohio
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Decided the last minute to get away. Remembered something I had read about a casino resort near Cumberland Maryland. Did some quick research on line and found this resort and booked a room. We like to golf and then have something to do in the evenings. What a fantastic fine. This place was everything we look for and so much more. Clean, friendly staff and loads of stuff to do. Swimming, fishing, hiking, casino and of course the golf course. Forgot to mention you can even rent bikes. The scenery was breath taking. Sat on the lounge chairs in the evening to watch the sun set over the mountains and had our morning coffee sitting on the edge of the lake watching the sun rise over the mountains. Wow. Great choice of restaurants to choose from. Easy drive from Cleveland!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ajd975
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I am so glad you "found" us!! Thank you for the lovely review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Gunter Hotel
Gunter Hotel
#2 of 6 in Frostburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!