“Beautiful location”

Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Rocky Gap Casino Resort was a great place to stay. The location is out of the way of traffic and noise. The views are beautiful with many different trails to walk from short to long. There is also a beach on the lake that was very nice. The resort was clean and the staff was excellent! Very attentive and friendly. The food was ok and the slots rarely paid. My only complaint would have to be the bed. Very uncomfortable, at least for me. My husband didn't have a problem with sleeping.

2  Thank Sadsagegrass
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you enjoy your stay and I can assure you that I will pass your comments on to upper management in an effort to improve our amenities and services. I hope you will visit again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Rocky Gap is a place for sure for all types of people in this world, something for everybody! Great service, atmoshpere is breath taking in all seasons. Staff is above and beyond. Comfort of the rooms is terrrific. A great escape if just for overnight. Once you arrive you don't have to travel any further, has everything - golf, swimming, spa's, food and fun at the slots or tables. First time I visited I was hooked and have been going back every since even though it's a 3 1/2 hour ride there - I always feel so relaxed and comfortable.

Room Tip: Moutain/Lakeside are the most beautiful views - even the golf side view is pretty to watch the sun r...
1  Thank Debra D

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am glad that we have become one of your favorite getaway spots and I hope that you will continue to visit as we continue to evolve and improve our resort!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The hotel rooms are dated and the walls are thin. The casino feels like 1982. Spa was average. Food was decent. $5 Prime rib sandwich sold next to On the Rocks bar was awesome. Rewards card perks suck

Room Tip: Bring earplugs in case the guests above you or on either side of you start to "get it on."...
1  Thank Bob D
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Our future plans include more renovations to our guest rooms, so I do hope you will come back and visit as we continue to improve our Resort.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Had a wonderful weekend at the Rocky gap and we know we'll return. We came for a weekend getaway (3 sisters) and enjoyed the spa services, casino, and just the beauty of the area. Wish it would have been closer to summer so we could enjoy the outdoors as well. Our room overlooked the lake and the view was gorgeous. Our beds were very comfortable and the room had a fridge, microwave, and coffeepot. The casino is small but has all newer slots and a free self-serve beverage center. They had a band playing both Fri. and Sat. nights and another one in the Signatures bar. I had lost a $35 ticket while walking through the casino and amazingly security staff (thank you Craig) worked on getting it back for me. I was blown away that they took the time to do this. Don't bother with the buffet, but do try LB's which is a great place to eat and was reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor overlooking the lake and it was a great choice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank kamarie33

I am glad that you and your sisters had a good time at our Resort! Thank you for your feedback and please visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there March 1st. Check in was easy and the room was very nice. My only complaint was that the tv in the room did not get very many channels but, the sports bar and casino did have all the sporting events that I wanted to watch. Check out was easy too

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank buster246
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for your comments! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We drove to Rocky Gap for a weekend with our kids and had an amazing, relaxing weekend. We took advantage of walking trails around the lake and spent tons of outside time on the grounds. We even found a horse farm not far from the lodge that took us horseback riding in the mountains. It was a great weekend away from our busy lives!

• Stayed: October 2013

I am delighted that your family had such a wonderful experience at Rocky Gap! I hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We only stayed for one night this trip and the room was only $98. Great buy for a very nice room, very comfortable bed. I love the safety feature of having to use a room key to even use the elevator. That is a feature I haven't seen before. Seeing as there is a casino downstairs, great idea. We didn't get to see anything outside, (due to weather) other than the lake outside the window and it looks beautiful. It was frozen over. We definitely plan to come back when we can stay a couple of nights. We ate at the Lakeside Restaurant. Food was OK. Nothing to go crazy about. Every beef item was really dry. Everything else was not bad. Overall, we will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass you comments regarding the Lakeside Buffet on to our Food & Beverage Management team. Thanks for your feedback and I hope you will return again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
#3 of 4 in Cumberland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
Best Western Braddock Inn
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in LaVale

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!