“Recent Stay (3/7/14)”

Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The hotel rooms are dated and the walls are thin. The casino feels like 1982. Spa was average. Food was decent. $5 Prime rib sandwich sold next to On the Rocks bar was awesome. Rewards card perks suck

Room Tip: Bring earplugs in case the guests above you or on either side of you start to "get it on."...
1  Thank Bob D
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Our future plans include more renovations to our guest rooms, so I do hope you will come back and visit as we continue to improve our Resort.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Had a wonderful weekend at the Rocky gap and we know we'll return. We came for a weekend getaway (3 sisters) and enjoyed the spa services, casino, and just the beauty of the area. Wish it would have been closer to summer so we could enjoy the outdoors as well. Our room overlooked the lake and the view was gorgeous. Our beds were very comfortable and the room had a fridge, microwave, and coffeepot. The casino is small but has all newer slots and a free self-serve beverage center. They had a band playing both Fri. and Sat. nights and another one in the Signatures bar. I had lost a $35 ticket while walking through the casino and amazingly security staff (thank you Craig) worked on getting it back for me. I was blown away that they took the time to do this. Don't bother with the buffet, but do try LB's which is a great place to eat and was reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor overlooking the lake and it was a great choice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank kamarie33

I am glad that you and your sisters had a good time at our Resort! Thank you for your feedback and please visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there March 1st. Check in was easy and the room was very nice. My only complaint was that the tv in the room did not get very many channels but, the sports bar and casino did have all the sporting events that I wanted to watch. Check out was easy too

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank buster246
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for your comments! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We drove to Rocky Gap for a weekend with our kids and had an amazing, relaxing weekend. We took advantage of walking trails around the lake and spent tons of outside time on the grounds. We even found a horse farm not far from the lodge that took us horseback riding in the mountains. It was a great weekend away from our busy lives!

• Stayed: October 2013

I am delighted that your family had such a wonderful experience at Rocky Gap! I hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We only stayed for one night this trip and the room was only $98. Great buy for a very nice room, very comfortable bed. I love the safety feature of having to use a room key to even use the elevator. That is a feature I haven't seen before. Seeing as there is a casino downstairs, great idea. We didn't get to see anything outside, (due to weather) other than the lake outside the window and it looks beautiful. It was frozen over. We definitely plan to come back when we can stay a couple of nights. We ate at the Lakeside Restaurant. Food was OK. Nothing to go crazy about. Every beef item was really dry. Everything else was not bad. Overall, we will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass you comments regarding the Lakeside Buffet on to our Food & Beverage Management team. Thanks for your feedback and I hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and i received two free nights stay at Rocky gap casino, so we decided to take a chance a make the trip. The weather was dreary as another snowstorm was going to blow through the area. We made it to the resort just as snow was starting to fall. The drive from our home, just north of Fredericksburg Virginia, was very pretty and actually seemed to go by very quickly. As we pulled up to the the resort, our first impression was that it was very nice and bigger than we expected. The lake was frozen over, and the snow and ice added to the atmosphere. The resort staff were all very nice and attentive. Our room was very clean and well appointed. The casino was very nice and had a lot of slot machines for it's size. The slots did seem to be on the "tight" side, but aren't they always like that? The food was very good in the restaraunts. We did not use the pool, but after seeing it, we wished we had brought our swim suits. Over all, I would reccomend a trip to Rocky Gap for a night or two. I'm sure that there would be more to do in the summer at the lake. Cumberland and Frostburg MD which are nearby were basically dead on the Sunday and Monday that we visited. I was dissapointed in those two towns. Hopefully they are more livelier on Friday and saturday nights.

1  Thank Tommy W
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our property! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I agree with you - the frozen lake is beautiful! I do hope you will return in the warmer months and take advantage of all the outdoor activities that we offer such as golf, boating, hiking, & biking.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I'll make this short: the casino has ruined the resort as a hotel. We were forced to land there during a snowstorm, much to my regret, because we had stayed at Rocky Gap before the wise guys bought in and loved almost everything about it. Now, not so much. The food is plastic, the service non-existant. The greeting cold. The visuals depressing. I guess they had to do what they thought was right to keep the place in business, but it's a shame to see such a warm and inviting harbor turn so rocky, pardon the pun. Avoid it if you can.

Room Tip: As for a lake view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
#3 of 4 in Cumberland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
Best Western Braddock Inn
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in LaVale

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!