“A Great Outdoor Weekend!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rocky Gap Casino Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
“A Great Outdoor Weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We drove to Rocky Gap for a weekend with our kids and had an amazing, relaxing weekend. We took advantage of walking trails around the lake and spent tons of outside time on the grounds. We even found a horse farm not far from the lodge that took us horseback riding in the mountains. It was a great weekend away from our busy lives!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I am delighted that your family had such a wonderful experience at Rocky Gap! I hope you visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
Budds Creek
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

We only stayed for one night this trip and the room was only $98. Great buy for a very nice room, very comfortable bed. I love the safety feature of having to use a room key to even use the elevator. That is a feature I haven't seen before. Seeing as there is a casino downstairs, great idea. We didn't get to see anything outside, (due to weather) other than the lake outside the window and it looks beautiful. It was frozen over. We definitely plan to come back when we can stay a couple of nights. We ate at the Lakeside Restaurant. Food was OK. Nothing to go crazy about. Every beef item was really dry. Everything else was not bad. Overall, we will stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass you comments regarding the Lakeside Buffet on to our Food & Beverage Management team. Thanks for your feedback and I hope you will return again soon!
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and i received two free nights stay at Rocky gap casino, so we decided to take a chance a make the trip. The weather was dreary as another snowstorm was going to blow through the area. We made it to the resort just as snow was starting to fall. The drive from our home, just north of Fredericksburg Virginia, was very pretty and actually seemed to go by very quickly. As we pulled up to the the resort, our first impression was that it was very nice and bigger than we expected. The lake was frozen over, and the snow and ice added to the atmosphere. The resort staff were all very nice and attentive. Our room was very clean and well appointed. The casino was very nice and had a lot of slot machines for it's size. The slots did seem to be on the "tight" side, but aren't they always like that? The food was very good in the restaraunts. We did not use the pool, but after seeing it, we wished we had brought our swim suits. Over all, I would reccomend a trip to Rocky Gap for a night or two. I'm sure that there would be more to do in the summer at the lake. Cumberland and Frostburg MD which are nearby were basically dead on the Sunday and Monday that we visited. I was dissapointed in those two towns. Hopefully they are more livelier on Friday and saturday nights.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tommy W
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our property! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I agree with you - the frozen lake is beautiful! I do hope you will return in the warmer months and take advantage of all the outdoor activities that we offer such as golf, boating, hiking, & biking.
Hurricane, WV
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I'll make this short: the casino has ruined the resort as a hotel. We were forced to land there during a snowstorm, much to my regret, because we had stayed at Rocky Gap before the wise guys bought in and loved almost everything about it. Now, not so much. The food is plastic, the service non-existant. The greeting cold. The visuals depressing. I guess they had to do what they thought was right to keep the place in business, but it's a shame to see such a warm and inviting harbor turn so rocky, pardon the pun. Avoid it if you can.

Room Tip: As for a lake view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hurricane, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The casino was very nice. The room was ok but, the bed was hard and so was the pillows!! I couldn't even sleep. There was no business center and I needed to print documents the next morning. The food was only ok and pricey. I was somewhat disappointed. The staff and everyone was very nice.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry that your visit with us did not live up to your expectations. We actually could have printed your documents for you - there is a small business center on the first floor of the resort. I am sorry that you were unaware of that. I do hope you will give us another chance. I will be sure to pass your comments on to upper management. Thank you for your feedback.
Randallstown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I visited the resort for my husband's birthday. Our first visit was six months ago for our anniversary. Though we didn't experience a lot of luck at the casino, we enjoyed the resort and casino during both visits and will absolutely visit again. The staff were extremely friendly and the lake view is absolutely breathtaking. I also think your promotional mailings are very enticing and was the deciding factor for our second visit. Good job Rocky Gap!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I am delighted to hear that you enjoy visiting us at Rocky Gap! And a Happy Be-Lated Birthday to your husband. We hope to see you again soon!
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

It was great to sit in the hot tub and pool while the lake was frozen and it was 18 degrees outside and enjoy a nice wine. They have a very nice indoor pool and the restaurants here are very good as well. There is a wide selection and I suspect it is excellent during the summer withall of the lake activities and the beach and golf. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 925Dottie
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! And, yes, every season at Rocky Gap has its own unique beauty. I do hope you will visit again in the spring and summer and take advantage of our Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course and variety of outdoor activities! Thank you for your comments!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
BEST WESTERN Braddock Inn
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!