“Casino Ruins View”

Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I'll make this short: the casino has ruined the resort as a hotel. We were forced to land there during a snowstorm, much to my regret, because we had stayed at Rocky Gap before the wise guys bought in and loved almost everything about it. Now, not so much. The food is plastic, the service non-existant. The greeting cold. The visuals depressing. I guess they had to do what they thought was right to keep the place in business, but it's a shame to see such a warm and inviting harbor turn so rocky, pardon the pun. Avoid it if you can.

Room Tip: As for a lake view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The casino was very nice. The room was ok but, the bed was hard and so was the pillows!! I couldn't even sleep. There was no business center and I needed to print documents the next morning. The food was only ok and pricey. I was somewhat disappointed. The staff and everyone was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2014
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

I am sorry that your visit with us did not live up to your expectations. We actually could have printed your documents for you - there is a small business center on the first floor of the resort. I am sorry that you were unaware of that. I do hope you will give us another chance. I will be sure to pass your comments on to upper management. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I visited the resort for my husband's birthday. Our first visit was six months ago for our anniversary. Though we didn't experience a lot of luck at the casino, we enjoyed the resort and casino during both visits and will absolutely visit again. The staff were extremely friendly and the lake view is absolutely breathtaking. I also think your promotional mailings are very enticing and was the deciding factor for our second visit. Good job Rocky Gap!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

I am delighted to hear that you enjoy visiting us at Rocky Gap! And a Happy Be-Lated Birthday to your husband. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

It was great to sit in the hot tub and pool while the lake was frozen and it was 18 degrees outside and enjoy a nice wine. They have a very nice indoor pool and the restaurants here are very good as well. There is a wide selection and I suspect it is excellent during the summer withall of the lake activities and the beach and golf. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 925Dottie

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! And, yes, every season at Rocky Gap has its own unique beauty. I do hope you will visit again in the spring and summer and take advantage of our Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course and variety of outdoor activities! Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My bed was completely broken. Upon asking to have anything handled they had someone come up and attempt to fix the situation. After the first failed attempt. The second fix was a 2x4 and a hammer. This ruined my stay and I will never stay again. They also offered nothing for us. Manager needs a new job. Customer service is not a strong suit of hers.

• Stayed: February 2014
Thank jbtunstall@yahoo.com

I apologize for your experience at our resort. I can assure you that this is not up to the standard that we have set for customer service. Our Director of Marketing, Wanda Holtschneider, would like to speak with you about your experience in more detail. Please contact her at wholtschneider@rockygapcasino.com or 301.784.8473.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Hotel very nice view of lake was awesome from room didn't win at slots but maybe next time didn't get to play Texas holed not enough tables or dealers would have liked to play. Maybe the resort should look into more tables. But it was a nice place for my husband and I to get away. Very pleased!

Room Tip: View of lake
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for your comments! I am glad you had a good time, although I do apologize that you did not get to play Texas Hold'em. I will definitely pass your suggestion about more table on to our Gaming Manager. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Book in advance and request early arrival. That way your room is usually ready about noon even though check in isn't normally till 3pm. Valet is very good about checking bags & coats if room is not yet ready. Lakeside Restaurant was closed on Mon & Tues for breakfast & dinner although LB's is nice for casual dining in evening w/good service and food.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us! Visit us again soon so you can try out Breakfast Buffet! It is now open every morning from 6:30 am - 11:00 am. See you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
#3 of 4 in Cumberland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
Best Western Braddock Inn
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!